yoann folly works in meadowhall!

The famous former Sheffield Wednesday midfielder now works in JD sports in Meadowhall after getting injured at his previous club.

Didn't believe it myself but he is and he's working tomorrow night/mid day.

Just find it a bit of a shock, imagine the dip in wages and most 18+ years of age will be earning more than he is now.

He was one my favourite centre mids at time he played for us.

Aberdeen’s Folly thankful to physio for helping detect illness

Submitted by Andrew Slevison on Fri, 05/04/2012 - 09:05

Yoann Folly has indicated that he may have suffered a cardiac arrest similar to that of Piermario Morosini and Fabrice Muamba if Aberdeen physio John Sharp had not helped detect a blood clot on his lungs.

The 26-year old French-born Togo international was continually coughing up blood after training but was not sure why he was having such ill-effects.

18 months ago, Sharp sent him for a scan which showed that Folly had to stop playing football as the blood clot may have caused a heart attack, which was fatal in the case of Livorno’s Morosini.

Today he is no longer an Aberdeen player after being released by the club but he is extremely grateful to the Dons for helping him get through a very difficult time.

“If the illness had not been diagnosed it could have been very serious,” he told Record Sport.

“When I found out it was a shock but at the same time a relief to know what the problem was and learn it was treatable.

“I have medicine which thins the blood and am back training but I am unable to take part in contact training as a knock to the head could be problematic.

“It has been a hard time but my family have helped me and good friends at the club stopped me going crazy.”

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/aberdeen-s-folly-thankful-physio-helping-detect-illness-3142281#SwJugEZEX7QUtLXs.99

Good luck to the kid, I'd say.

Guest foreverSWFC

Thought he was decent when he first came on loan, looked the business.

Don't think he got much of a chance under Laws.

Glad he managed to avoid that health issue, can't say anything bad about him tried his best and by all accounts was a top guy.

Guest JC Saviour

gi'oer he was a poor man's semedo and that's being generous

There's nowt like knocking someone when they're are down. Makes you proud to be a Wednesdayite!!

Guest Foxhill Owl

lee strafford is a bus driver for stagecoach

Lee was at Hillsboro last home game , he put some r8 w8 back on and was wearing trakie bottoms with timberland boots lol classy !