How the times are changing

Guest star

Look at all the trouble that happens at the Lane every single time we play them. Now imagine all of the aggro if we did actually beat them. Is it really worth it ?

Everytime I have been to the Lane I have seen trouble inside and outside of the ground. I have seen Owls fans attacked, smoke bombs and even distress flares fired at young kids inside the stadium. There have been stones thrown, bottles of urine dropped from above.

Now imagine that times ten if we won.

Guest taddyowl

YEs its another good piece of PR for the new boys.

Can I respectfully suggest another related to the ticket office?

If United send us tickets for the lower tier only for the forthcoming derby match - send them back.

Cheers.

I am an away season ticket holder and would be rather pissed if I can't have a ticket for the Lane. If they can sell their allocation for the upper tier that's up to them . May be they have learned their lesson from last season.

and an admission that the ticket office shouldn't be in with the superstore? something Bob G triumphed at the recent AGM.

may this root and branch change continue for as long as it takes to return us to the heady days of the early 1990's.

There's the bones of it though.

The ticket office SHOULD be in with the superstore.

BUT - it should have been done as suggested several times to the refit. i.e. Seperate counters for Store and Ticket office and independent staffing.

Therefore, you walk through the store to get to the ticket office - every chance of an impulse buy, but no detriment to getting a ticket or getting served in the store.

Tills for the store near the door (as they used to be) and box office at the back of the store would be ideal. Done right it could be a brilliant experience.

We should also send them back the day before the match...if we send them straight back it will give them chance to sell them.....we should keep them, um and ah about whether to sell them and then send them all back the day before, making sure that it is empty behind that net to remind them what a bunch of tvvats they are and lose them some revenue

Now that Baldrick is a cunning plan.

Christ. Another sensible move. What next?

Well done Nick Parker. It's taken you a few days to spot something wrong and start to do something about it.

I like this guy already. And not just because he isn't Kaven Walker. :biggrin:

It's about bloody time things got shaken up, well done indeed.

Firstly, great news they have actually come out and admitted it's a shambles. Fair play and it's a really positive step.

Secondly, I don't think the ticket office and superstore need to be seperated. We have great facilities in there now, it just needs some better, logical management to make it work.

Thirdly, don't send the tickets for the Lane back please. I want to go, United fans above me or not. If anything happens, get evidence. Maybe our club will support us this time...

There's the bones of it though.

The ticket office SHOULD be in with the superstore.

BUT - it should have been done as suggested several times to the refit. i.e. Seperate counters for Store and Ticket office and independent staffing.

Therefore, you walk through the store to get to the ticket office - every chance of an impulse buy, but no detriment to getting a ticket or getting served in the store.

Tills for the store near the door (as they used to be) and box office at the back of the store would be ideal. Done right it could be a brilliant experience.

At 1st when i went in..... i took my stuff to the round desks near the door as i thought it was the superstore till.... surely common sense would be to make them the tills and use the WHOLE back wall as the tickets office...

good to see the new fella is listening and responding to the current inadequate service... its a football match.... buying tickets for this should be a simple process.

Hmm, to recall my first experience in renewing my season ticket by phone:

“Your season ticket will be posted to you today Mr Taylor, first class”

2 weeks go by

“We are running behind, blah blah, because of the floods”

2 weeks go by

“It’s on it’s way”

More weeks and phone calls go by….first day of season, big queue, walk to front of queue:

“I’ve been waiting for my season ticket for 3 months nearly. Can I have it?”

“Get in the queue”

“I’ve been waiting for ages for it, I want it now”

“Everyone here has been waiting ages”

Well done Nick Parker, for accepting what a shambles the current operation is.

Guest DrAdam

Surely a few emails to Mr Parker regarding the United away game would be the way forward ? It like poeple that moan about the government but don't vote :rolleyes:

i was in there last sat buying a few bits and bobs for my 8 yo, there was 1 woman on the till, with 2 or 3 other women swanning about behind the tills doing naff all, although when i did finally get to the till the lady was very pleasant and chatty, why weren't the other women doing the tills, especially when there's a que?

i was in there last sat buying a few bits and bobs for my 8 yo, there was 1 woman on the till, with 2 or 3 other women swanning about behind the tills doing naff all, although when i did finally get to the till the lady was very pleasant and chatty, why weren't the other women doing the tills, especially when there's a que?

I'd love it if someone came on an internet forum and criticised your ability to do your job, if you have one.

Gentle reminder. These people are all Wednesday fans, probably not paid a fortune, and in my experience do a fantastic job. Also take into account the conditions they have had to put up with for the last 2/3 years. I could tell you a few stories, but don't have a liking for the courtroom.

I'd love it if someone came on an internet forum and criticised your ability to do your job, if you have one.

Gentle reminder. These people are all Wednesday fans, probably not paid a fortune, and in my experience do a fantastic job. Also take into account the conditions they have had to put up with for the last 2/3 years. I could tell you a few stories, but don't have a liking for the courtroom.

I bet you couldn't.