How the times are changing

Guest star

Guest farnworthowls

I was told in the shop the last match I went to that the staff hate the current set up with it all being in one.

I was also told that the other clubs that had done the same before us have now changed it back to being seperate again.

Hopefully the new guy in charge will see this and be able to act on it.

There's the bones of it though.

The ticket office SHOULD be in with the superstore.

BUT - it should have been done as suggested several times to the refit. i.e. Seperate counters for Store and Ticket office and independent staffing.

Therefore, you walk through the store to get to the ticket office - every chance of an impulse buy, but no detriment to getting a ticket or getting served in the store.

Tills for the store near the door (as they used to be) and box office at the back of the store would be ideal. Done right it could be a brilliant experience.

I think you are right James in the Staffing part but it is my experiance that you should exit through the retail areas after purchasing your tickets .

I dont know if this is possible at the mo .

It still beats me why people can't just pay at the turnstiles. It's not as though we have terracing and therefore can't control the numbers entering a match ... 1 seat ... one turnstile click

so how do you pay at the turnstile for the grandstand? or to sit with your ST mates in the kop? or to buy tickets for Forest away? Or buy a ticket for a forthcoming home match and avoid paying the scandelous booking fees?

the queue on matchday for tickets contains a small minority who are buying for the actual game about to be played in my opinion.

I think James is right - both the store and the ticketing arrangements can be under 1 roof, but the POS needs to be separate. For merchandise there needs to be half a dozen staffed tills and 3 or 4 floor walkers. For tickets there should be as

many as 10 windows fully staffed on matchday - 1 for ST problems/comps etc. 1 for prepaid collections. 3 for current matchday sales. 2/3 for future home game sales. 2/3 for away match sales. All except the first 2 should be able to manage

multiple requests - eg a ticket for todays game, 1 for the next home game and 1 for whoever away. The cost of staffing this is NOT astronomical - those maximum staffing levels are only required for about 3 - 4 hours every 2 weeks or so. Part

time staff to cover it. Minimum wage for 3 hours 12-3pm then a comp in the North stand. Cheap as chips and the punters are happy.

for 15 quid plus a ticket to the match i'd jockey a till for 3 hours. Bet i'm not the only one either. I'd love to work in the club shop, i've 15 years sports retail management experience. Sometime in the future i'd love to be involved somehow. Its not as easy a job as many on here believe but i reckon improvements can and will be made. Not knocking the staff in any way as thats not whats needed. I've a feeling their working conditions arent the best so improve them and you'll see an instant uplift in the place. Its achievable. Lets see it working please fellas.

YEs its another good piece of PR for the new boys.

Can I respectfully suggest another related to the ticket office?

If United send us tickets for the lower tier only for the forthcoming derby match - send them back.

Cheers.

Absolutely.

so how do you pay at the turnstile for the grandstand? or to sit with your ST mates in the kop? or to buy tickets for Forest away? Or buy a ticket for a forthcoming home match and avoid paying the scandelous booking fees?

That's all well and good....

We have a stadium that that can hold twice as many as the fans that are going

There's no reason why there shouldn't at least be a sit-anywhere - pay-on-the-gate section imo

This is exactly the kind of openness and responsiveness we have been seeking.

Everyone knows there is no magic wand to put things right overnight, but to acknowledge there is an issue and to indicate it is being looked at in terms of how to improve it is so refreshing.

There is no problem being patient when you believe it will be dealt with as effectively as possible.

Well done Nick Parker.

Guest mikeglossopowl

Has anyone thought to ask the staff what they want (assuming the above about not liking the current set up is correct)? They work there, and should know the answer?

Guest Parky1867

This really is great news. The club is listening to the fans, and taking action.

This is what we wanted all along, nothing expensive, but small changes that do have an impact on the everyday fan's experience.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Parky1867

Another piece of good management and stewardship...

Well done SWFC...

Well done Nick Parker... he even called us customers... WOW...

Well done the Dangerous Brothers...!

Edited by owl33

It was always clear under the previous regieme that they felt that the way to run the club was like how you run a nightclub. i.e. treat the punters like mugs, keep your costs down and enjoy watching them queue up to take it. The fact that you miss out on those who don't bother is only a problem if you have spare capacity, which of course most nightclubs don't due to a relatively uncompeitive market (and the reasons for that wont go into typeface from my fingers).

As for last season's fiasco at'Lane, was that not all to do with Carlos Tevez? I think it was him doing it wasn't it? That's how I understand it anyway.

i was just looking through the old pictures forum. Reminded me that we managed to sell FA cup semi final (and final?) allocations from 4 train station style windows at the back of the south stand. How hard can this really be to sort?

Guest jackowl1867

i was just looking through the old pictures forum. Reminded me that we managed to sell FA cup semi final (and final?) allocations from 4 train station style windows at the back of the south stand. How hard can this really be to sort?

That ticket office was great, all the queuing up in the cold, chatting to people, there was always a buzz about the place back then..

The same way that it's always been done in the past in all-seated areas. Turnstile operators are given a book of tickets which are blocked together. The first friend through says we want X many tickets and then each person pays seperately.

For the limited away match tickets you retain the stubs.

The last thing you pointed out doesn't make sense. Why would you book a ticket for a home match if you can pay on the door? First come, first served.