How the times are changing

Guest star

Another piece of good news. These are basic things but the previous regime could not or would not put them right. All these small things constitute "attention to detail" which is essential to any business. Lee Strafford said on Saturday that there are many good people at SWFC who wanted to do a good job but had been prevented from doing so. I agree. SWFC is a business, a business relies on it's customers, SWFC's customers are it's fans, it's not brain surgery, is it, but previously this simple rule could not be grasped by certain people.

and an admission that the ticket office shouldn't be in with the superstore? something Bob G triumphed at the recent AGM.

may this root and branch change continue for as long as it takes to return us to the heady days of the early 1990's.

Guest Deleted member

YEs its another good piece of PR for the new boys.

Can I respectfully suggest another related to the ticket office?

If United send us tickets for the lower tier only for the forthcoming derby match - send them back.

Cheers.

YEs its another good piece of PR for the new boys.

Can I respectfully suggest another related to the ticket office?

If United send us tickets for the lower tier only for the forthcoming derby match - send them back.

Cheers.

We should also send them back the day before the match...if we send them straight back it will give them chance to sell them.....we should keep them, um and ah about whether to sell them and then send them all back the day before, making sure that it is empty behind that net to remind them what a bunch of tvvats they are and lose them some revenue

We should also send them back the day before the match...if we send them straight back it will give them chance to sell them.....we should keep them, um and ah about whether to sell them and then send them all back the day before, making sure that it is empty behind that net to remind them what a bunch of tvvats they are and lose them some revenue

:biggrin: They'd try to sue us.

Guest Deleted member

Totally agree.

3000 fans at £30 a ticket - they will get £90k off us. They had that last year and couldn't raise so much as an apology for what happened, never mind admitting it.

The fact that their senior hierarchy did not condemn the actions of the despicable idiots that follow them means I can only assume they condone them throwing urine and spitting on Wednesdayites. I can't ever accept that - and anybody who buys a ticket to go and sit there when they are capable of that is complicit in it too. IF we do sell tickets - I will have zero sympathy for any Wednesdayite who gets wee wee thrown at them this time. So don't come on here moaning.

Hear, hear. This is a serious issue and I can't believe SUFC, the Football League and Sheffield police have just ignored it. I've seen strongarm tactics used against Wednesday fans at other grounds for simply standing up or swearing yet this disgrace is allowed to pass without comment by the authorities. I implore the new order at the club to stand up for our fans and send the tickets back. Or we could tell United that if we only get bottom tier tickets that is what they will get the next time they visit Hillsborough. I prefer making a stand now and NOT selling the tickets, this will publicise what happened last year.

Guest Deleted member

Another alternative would be to sell the tickets while giving strong advice to all Wednesday fans NOT to attend the game. Give fans the choice but let them know that in no uncertain terms they will not be entertained when they make complaints about the same kind of disgusting behaviour the filthy pigs were capable of last time.

If the Police and Sheffield Utd are going to keep a lid on what happened - at least as a club we can strongly publicise it. We should have complained to the FA at the time. If Utd cant control their fans there is no way they should be accomodated in a tier above any supporters.

Giving out that kind of public advice is the kind ofthing that will make other clubs think twice about placing their fans in the lower tier at Scumall Lane - and will hopefully give Utd a financial kick in the unmentionables too.

Maybe the cross city working relationship will change now we have what appears to be people with an ounce of sense. Maybe reps from both clubs could be on radio and in the press at the same time explaining how things will be different this season.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Knowing our luck we'd send the tickets back, the BL Lower would be empty and we'd win at the Sty for the first time in 41 years

Edited by Walkley_Owl