A night with Paul Merson

Take you weren't there then pal?

Having Merson on spits in the face of Wednesdayites. It's not as if we're short of ex-players to do an evening with..

Hirsty, Waddle, Sheridan, Des, Carlton Palmer, Roland, Big Ron, going further back Mr Prendergast, Wylde, Curren. The day we stooped to Paul Merson is a sad day.

Not that bad Merson is a very entertaining pundit (not a good one but entertaining) and could be a good evening

Don't think hes going to come on say '' Ha Ha beat you in two cup finals''

Merson is one of the most sought after after-dinner speakers in the country. And it would indeed be entertaining.

By the way:

1) The club doesn't have to just cater for Sheffield Wednesday fans in it's non-matchday entertainment. Any revenue genmerating events are welcome in my opinon.

2) Nearly all of the names mentioned in a previous post have indeed been after-dinner speakers at the club.

Yeah - I'm sure it will ALL be about that, won't it?

FFS

Why the 'FFS' ?

I'm only putting my own personal opinion across... i'm not trying to speak for anyone else... thats the point in a forum isn't it ?...

People post a topic and others respond with varied opinions.

I personally don't see anything apealing about this event, Merson talking about how they used to drink after games, the good old days, how much he spunked at the bookies, how he failed as a manager at Walsall and how much he gets paid by SKY.

I've just asked a friend who's attended a night with Merson before and that's what he said he rattled on about.

Like I said.... doesn't appeal to me.... FFS.

Edited by BRUCE LEE

I was FFSing at the fact you initially pointed out just one possibility of what he might be talking about as your reason for it not appealing to you.

It came across as though that was all he would be talking about and that was the only reason you wouldn't be going.

It's like saying 'I'm not going to a restaurant because they'll have pasta on the menu'.

THAT's why there was a FFS.

Now you have quantified your statement further with much more sensible and quantitive reasoning then fair enough and your opinion is appeciated and validated.

Not that bad Merson is a very entertaining pundit (not a good one but entertaining) and could be a good evening

Don't think hes going to come on say '' Ha Ha beat you in two cup finals''

I think he's a fat-headed tw@t, completely unprofessional, clueless (listen to his comments on Soccer Saturday - the man is an idiot).

If I wanted to the listen to the ramblings of a fat, washed-up, drunken waster - I'd sit in Legends all afternoon.

Just my opinion mind - hope it goes well.

I was FFSing at the fact you initially pointed out just one possibility of what he might be talking about as your reason for it not appealing to you.

It came across as though that was all he would be talking about and that was the only reason you wouldn't be going.

It's like saying 'I'm not going to a restaurant because they'll have pasta on the menu'.

THAT's why there was a FFS.

Now you have quantified your statement further with much more sensible and quantitive reasoning then fair enough and your opinion is appeciated and validated.

What if you don't like pasta?

ffs

Guest Deleted member

I think he's a fat-headed tw@t, completely unprofessional, clueless (listen to his comments on Soccer Saturday - the man is an idiot).

If I wanted to the listen to the ramblings of a fat, washed-up, drunken waster - I'd sit in Legends all afternoon.

Just my opinion mind - hope it goes well.

:mad:

I havent been in there for over a year...

I'd be far more interested in an after dinner night* with Steve Watson and Tommy Spurr.

Young and old, one telling the story of coming through a football academy and Watson with the journeyman career.

There is potential to flog signed shirts, signed programmes etc.

It would be a refreshing change to the usual line ups.....I personally find the 'jack the lad/waster' type footballers quite boring... "I used to drink 18 pint on a Friday night then get up and score a hat trick against Man Utd"

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*(In a non gay way lol)

Edited by BRUCE LEE