A night with Paul Merson

http://www.wednesdayite.com/e107_plugins/c...099000.event.49

Category: SWFC Events Contact: chrisc@sheffieldwednesday.co.uk

When: Wednesday 15 October 2008 at 1930 Ends: Thursday 16 October 2008 at 0030

Sheffield Wednesday FC are delighted to announce a Sporting Dinner with former Arsenal and England star Paul Merson, which will take place in the new Foers Lounge at Hillsborough Stadium on Wednesday 15th October.

The charismatic Merson, who is now a pundit on Sky Sports, had a memorable career making 423 appearances for Arsenal from 1985 -1997 picking up 99 goals and the 1998/99 PFA Young Player of the Year award. Merson went on to earn a host of honours including 2 League Championships, an FA and League Cup double in 1993 and a Cup Winners Cup medal in 1994. As well as this Merson played for both the England B and under-21 teams, before gaining 21 professional England caps and grabbing himself three goals during his International career. Merson had a spell in charge at Walsall as player-manager.

Paul Merson is one of the most in-demand after-dinner speakers on the circuit, who famously battled alcohol, drug and gambling addictions so will have an interesting story or two to tell. This will be an evening for all football fans to savour.

The evening includes a champagne reception followed by a four-course dinner. The laughter won't stop though, as there will be a top comedian on the night to entertain you. As always, demand for this prestigious black tie event is sure to exceed availability so please book early to avoid disappointment. Tables of ten are £500 + VAT or individual tickets at £55 + VAT per person. To book contact Chris Caress on Tel: 0114 221 2216 or email me at chrisc@sheffieldwednesday.co.uk

He's a football pundit who can't say the name of any player with more than 3 slyables in their name. He forgets whats happened in the match he's watching on Soccer Saturday, never mind the early 90's when his Coke intake was at it's highest.

He's a flipping tailface of the highest order if you ask me.

He's a football pundit who can't say the name of any player with more than 3 slyables in their name. He forgets whats happened in the match he's watching on Soccer Saturday, never mind the early 90's when his Coke intake was at it's highest.

He's a flipping tailface of the highest order if you ask me.

I love him on 'Have I Got News For You' though..