Why are racists surprised when one of their lot gets nicked?

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's racist mate

where does it stop? They’re trying to sanitise the world. 

I wonder how much it has cost to put this “racist” through court etc… to receive this banning order. 

I am sure there are much more pressing issues to resolve rather than a pissed up kid shouting English followed by a naughty swear word. 

if this is the direction society is heading then there isn’t much hope left. I didn’t realise we had become this sensitive.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

It's not racist, it's xenophobic. "Us" English are not a race

Very true...English refers to the ethnicity of a group of people and refers to a broader range of people i.e. a nation. Race is refers to much smaller groups of people with cultural beliefs and inherited physical traits.

I just feel the situation is beyond silly (hence me initially thinking it was a joke of some sort)!! I didn't realise we had become such a sensitive bunch. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I wonder how much it has cost to put this “racist” through court etc… to receive this banning order. 

I am sure there are much more pressing issues to resolve rather than a pissed up kid shouting English followed by a naughty swear word.  

If it's illegal it's illegal

I find it weird you'd be all concerned about the cost of it?

Owlstalk Shop

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just to clarify - you WANT racism?

No 100% not so please do not cast aspersions its dangerous and it simply isn't called for!! You have effectively called me a racist. I have simply called the situation extremely silly...and asked where does this stop?

• Like 2

Just now, Wednesday_Jack said:

No 100% not so please do not cast aspersions its dangerous and it simply isn't called for!! You have effectively called me a racist. 

No I haven't!

I've just asked you a simple question based on your posts so that you can clarify, because so far every post you've made in the thread is questioning a racist being nicked

Owlstalk Shop

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If it's illegal it's illegal

I find it weird you'd be all concerned about the cost of it?

Why do you find it weird? There are much more pressing issues to resolve within the country and to spend tax payers money on, rather than sending a pissed up football fan to court for shouting something that is barely offensive never mind racist!!!

Do you know how much is costs to put people in court? I actually do and its frightening. My point being it is a total waste of money in this instance, its such an irrelevant situation and incident. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No I haven't!

I've just asked you a simple question based on your posts so that you can clarify, because so far every post you've made in the thread is questioning a racist being nicked

ok mate.

i will walk away at this point, there is no sensible discussion to be had here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGaffer said:

It's not racist, it's xenophobic. "Us" English are not a race

Black isn't a race

Muslim isn't a race

Pakistani isn't a race

I think it's fairly well established that they can be victims of racism for those characteristics 

As can countless other nationalities, religions, ethnicities, cultures

Some anthropologists argue there is only one race- the human race

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

ok mate.

i will walk away at this point, there is no sensible discussion to be had here.

Having read your posts where you are saying you'd rather spend money NOT prosecuting racists being illegally racist and just let em carry on doing it I'd fully agree

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Baffles me why, when people see a story of someone getting done for being a racist they don't just say 'Yeh.. serves them right for being racist'

I couldn't think of a single instance where I'd stop and say 'whooooh hang on there. Why has that racist got nicked?? That's not fair' etc etc

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Baffles me why, when people see a story of someone getting done for being a racist they don't just say 'Yeh.. serves them right for being racist'

I couldn't think of a single instance where I'd stop and say 'whooooh hang on there. Why has that racist got nicked?? That's not fair' etc etc

It's because there is quite clearly a significant percentage of the targeted population that feel the offence doesn't fit the punishment. 

• Like 1