SWFC report 5000 less season tickets sold so far

Just now, @owlstalk said:

'agenda'

The phrase thrown about by people who have lost the argument

Want to pick your dummy back up now and have a proper mature conversation instead?

Always up for a reasoned debate, but where I see apples being compared to oranges I'll call it out.

The title of the thread is misleading and factually incorrect relative to the content of the article.

• Like 1

Just now, Fuzzy logics said:

Always up for a reasoned debate, but where I see apples being compared to oranges I'll call it out.

The title of the thread is misleading and factually incorrect relative to the content of the article.

I'm here to listen

Can you clarify how season tickets are selling today (Thursday 4th April) vs Thursday 4th April last year?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'm here to listen

Can you clarify how season tickets are selling today (Thursday 4th April) vs Thursday 4th April last year?

No, but you can't extrapolate that from the article. The only stated 'fact' you can is that we have March-August to achieve 5k more sales in order to match last year's numbers.

If YOY sales are up or down then that would be a real story, this isn't that...this is more of a 'forecast'.

Yes, I'm in sales 😄 and yes, I'd like new ownership.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

No, but you can't extrapolate that from the article. The only stated 'fact' you can is that we have March-August to achieve 5k more sales in order to match last year's numbers.

If YOY sales are up or down then that would be a real story, this isn't that...this is more of a 'forecast'.

Where have you gone Neil?

Thought we were conversing in a mature way after I was accused of spitting my dummy out 🤔

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm here to listen

16 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

No 

Exactly

Your agenda soaked posts are agenda soaked

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

I'll take that as 3 points.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

Your agenda soaked posts are agenda soaked

lol

I'll that as a TKO, 3 points and I'll move on with my mixed agenda soaked metaphors.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Season Tickets are now off sale - will likely go back on sale when the division is known. Last season will have seen a late surge in sales after our euphoric Play-Off campaign and subsequent promotion - do you really think we will sell another 5k (or 8k to match now)when this season ends?

Last season a lot of season tkts were bought just to get tkts to the final I don't know how many exactly but they would be just one offs I presume so next seasons numbers will definately be lower I have not renewed and don't intend to because of chancer

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Season Tickets are now off sale - will likely go back on sale when the division is known. Last season will have seen a late surge in sales after our euphoric Play-Off campaign and subsequent promotion - do you really think we will sell another 5k (or 8k to match now)when this season ends?

Last season we had 17.5K ST holders.

If this season we have 21K, the 3.5K uplift was hardly a great surge in sales after promotion. 

I guess it will be even less this Summer, even if we manage to stay in the Championship. 

If we do, Chumpsiri will put the ST prices up with new phases. He won't back DR in the transfer market again. There will be nothing to encourage ST sales.

Likewise if we are relegated. He might keep ST prices as they were at the last phase. But DR will likely leave and we will have a cheap manager and new lower league players. ST sales will stagnate.

8 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Dunno mate, maybe if we do the great escape, who knows.

However, if someone reported the current run rate of season ticket sales then that would be the real story. The article doesn't do that but the thread and some commentators are spinning it that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Last season we had 17.5K ST holders.

If this season we have 21K, the 3.5K uplift was hardly a great surge in sales after promotion. 

I guess it will be even less this Summer, even if we manage to stay in the Championship. 

If we do, Chumpsiri will put the ST prices up with new phases. He won't back DR in the transfer market again. There will be nothing to encourage ST sales.

Likewise if we are relegated. He might keep ST prices as they were at the last phase. But DR will likely leave and we will have a cheap manager and new lower league players. ST sales will stagnate.

DC said himself that the vast majority of season ticket sales are made in the Early Bird window - think it was something like 95% - last season would have been anamoly - due to the way our season ended.

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Dunno mate, maybe if we do the great escape, who knows.

However, if someone reported the current run rate of season ticket sales then that would be the real story. The article doesn't do that but the thread and some commentators are spinning it that way.

Not really. DC said the vast majority of sales are made in the Early Bird window - last season was the exception to the rule - due to the manner of our promotion.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

DC said himself that the vast majority of season ticket sales are made in the Early Bird window - think it was something like 95% - last season would have been anamoly - due to the way our season ended.

Yes if you know you are going to definitely get a ST for the next season, it makes sense to buy in the first phase before the prices become ridiculous. 

Chansiri also said that the club loses money by selling earlybird ST's so cheaply. But the bloke is desperate for the cash early in the year.

12 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Not really. DC said the vast majority of sales are made in the Early Bird window - last season was the exception to the rule - due to the manner of our promotion.

So now DC's word can be trusted? 😆

Either way, i hope we sell loads, stay up, keep Röhl and get new ownership. If Carlsberg did requests......

• Like 3

On 03/04/2024 at 15:26, trumbullowl said:

We need MASSIVE investment. The game is leaving us behind and the pace is quickening. Spurs income was 550 million pounds in 2022 and they

made a loss and Daniel Levy says they need investment. Reading about Spurs and Brighton, and Man City fans protesting about what they have to

pay to watch the crud served up by Pep; it made me so mad I had to lash out at Neil's grammar. (I think there might be an Oxford comma up there).

Don't most clubs need MASSIVE investment?

The problem is only 3 clubs can be promoted each year. So if every clubs gambles then debts will be massive too and many clubs would go into admin or go bust. 

Fortunately FFP has been brought in to protect fans from over ambitious/ reckless ownership, so clubs can't receive massive investment regards on field players. It needs to be slowly built.

On 04/04/2024 at 01:04, adelphi1867 said:

That was when the Euphoria of Promotion was high and we all thought DaftJon had, at last, learned how to run a Football club.

The reality came calling.

DJ Learned how to run a football club

Surely not. Remember that old Yorkshire saying. “tha can’t purowt weer there is nowt”