British Home Championship

duncanidaho

I used to go to the home internationals

They were the very definition of a waste of time

Being at Wembley in a crowd of 17,000 watching us labour to an unconvincing win against Northern Ireland really wasn't special

leave them in the past where they belong

• Like 2

Not for me. There are already too many fixtures and it just doesn’t have the same appeal or attraction for any of the sides that it used to. Like Scram says they’re a good memory from times gone by.

They will always be better games too when the Home Nations play and it means something, hopefully crossing paths again in qualifying or a tournament game. They are the proper fixtures and far more exciting.

And finally I don’t want Scotland having anything to do with Britain either, so I’d be a hypocrite wanting them anyway lol

• Like 1

It may have been good in the old days but seems a miss-match now.  A big football country like England constantly beating minnows, particularly in Wales, and Northern Ireland.  Not sure what anyone gets out of it - besides England lauding their superiority over their neighbours.  

Even when Wales had a once in a blue moon superstar like Bale, they still lost games to England and were expected to.   

It would be far more interesting and competitive having a home nations tournament without England!  So defeats the point really.