2 hours ago, Stevebrucebarmyarmy said:

26 Aug and 2sept so that’s Cardiff and Leeds buggered! Already  had train to Cardiff booked  gutted!

Yes, I have been looking forward to Cardiff for weeks. Any idea when they usually announce which services are affected? Cheers. 

21 minutes ago, Wolter said:

Yes, I have been looking forward to Cardiff for weeks. Any idea when they usually announce which services are affected? Cheers. 

some times they have limited services on certain lines between 8-5pm but there is no chance of getting a train to cardiff and back unless you plan on stopping 1/2 nights .

same leeds ,might be possible to get there but wont be trains after kick off. 

strange how they pick 2 saturdays in a row targeting holidaymakers , football tourists etc. its bloody wrong and nothing is been done to stop mick f lynch . this will go on for another 1/2 years minimum . 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, morganowl said:

some times they have limited services on certain lines between 8-5pm but there is no chance of getting a train to cardiff and back unless you plan on stopping 1/2 nights .

strange how they pick 2 saturdays in a row targeting holidaymakers , football tourists etc. its bloody wrong and nothing is been done to stop mick f lynch . this will go on for another 1/2 years minimum . 

OK thanks for the information. 2 nights it is then!

On 11/08/2023 at 19:41, morganowl said:

Yeah they should target the London bigwig commuters....soon get resolved then.

On 11/08/2023 at 19:16, Wolter said:

I think they are announcing the updated timetable tomorrow 18th August for the Saturdays the strikes are planned for.
All a bit frustrating this has not been sorted out as been going on for over a year.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think they are announcing the updated timetable tomorrow 18th August for the Saturdays the strikes are planned for.
All a bit frustrating this has not been sorted out as been going on for over a year.

Many thanks. I heard it was Monday I will be really pleased if it is friday as all my mates will have enough points to get tickets that day. Thanks again.

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

until strikes in the public sector are banned then mick lynch will carry the strikes on forever . the amount of families on holiday , days out/football etc wrecked by this mans sneery little grim is pathetic . it simply shouldn't be allowed 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, morganowl said:

until strikes in the public sector are banned then mick lynch will carry the strikes on forever . the amount of families on holiday , days out/football etc wrecked by this mans sneery little grim is pathetic . it simply shouldn't be allowed 

Everyone as a right to strike 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Everyone as a right to strike 

not at upsetting 99% of the population they dont. strikes should be banned . terms and conditions like a football contract , your wages are this and your hours are this and you work here . not happy the door is there for you to find better conditions and wages elsewhere  . arbitration or unfair dismissal committees should be the only way to resolve issues. too many lives are getting lost and too many businesses are getting wrecked due to these strikes .  we will agree to disagree 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, morganowl said:

not at upsetting 99% of the population they dont. strikes should be banned . terms and conditions like a football contract , your wages are this and your hours are this and you work here . not happy the door is there for you to find better conditions and wages elsewhere  . arbitration or unfair dismissal committees should be the only way to resolve issues. too many lives are getting lost and too many businesses are getting wrecked due to these strikes .  we will agree to disagree 

Definitely disagree 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/08/2023 at 19:12, morganowl said:

Basic right and there would be no point if it did nt cause disruption !!! 

Messed up my plans for Cardiff but wouldn’t deny them the right. 

Been on strike this year as part of the health dispute, that got the government round the table again. What other options does a worker have, oh yeah just find another job !!!