Emiliano Sala, Cardiff and Embargo

Kevowls1

3 hours ago, Kevowls1 said:

Money really has messed up football...to think about the amount of money before the man...! Sure this would disgust the family.

What I don't understand is decision to go with the dodgy plane.  You spend a lot of money on the player and then go cheap on transporting him into the country. 

10 hours ago, Rogers said:

What I don't understand is decision to go with the dodgy plane.  You spend a lot of money on the player and then go cheap on transporting him into the country. 

I'm not certain....but I think the club agreed to pay a charter flight, but that took 12 hours as had to go Nante to Paris. Paris to Amsterdam. Amsterdam to Cardiff. Quicker to drive and use Eurostar.

He may have chartered his own private flight, it wasn't clear who did.

But it was crazy that Cardiff didn't just charter a decent private Jet for a 15 million pound player.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001c7qg/transfer-the-fate-of-emiliano-sala#xtor=CS8-1000-[Frontpage_Billboard]-[Sport_Billboard]-[Sport_Billboard]-[PS_IPLAYER~N~m001c7qg~P_TransferTheFateOfEmilianoSala]

This is 30 mins long. I can’t bring myself to watch it yet to be honest. So I can’t say if it’s a good documentary or not. It’s from 14th September 2022. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So after trying to worm out of paying Nantes the £15m transfer fee for Sala, they're now suing Nantes for... £100m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65611279

To be fair now it's judged he's their player so they have to pay - they can counter it by arguing they were negligent with their player and sue. It's quite interesting but you have to feel for the family that it keeps going on and on. 

• Like 1