Away Season Tickets

3 hours ago, morganowl said:

should be scrapped . 500 supporters many end up giving tickets to m8s ,should be points based with a few games allowing supporters with say 600 points more of a chance to go. 

It is points based I've got a 1000 last time I checked.

Away season tickets are limited anyway and the rest quite rightly as sold on a points basis.

18 minutes ago, ANDY said:

@wiggy  how would I go about obtaining an away season ticket ?  Are the numbers limited ?  Is it 1 out 1 in sort of thing. 

Yeah, numbers are limited. Had mine years now, so not sure if they keep a waiting list. Pretty sure they used to as I think that’s how I got on.

A friend of mine asked recently and was told they aren’t taking new applicants at the mo.

But maybe if people don’t renew by the 18th they open those spaces up. 

sorry, not massively helpful that. lol

4 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Yeah, numbers are limited. Had mine years now, so not sure if they keep a waiting list. Pretty sure they used to as I think that’s how I got on.

A friend of mine asked recently and was told they aren’t taking new applicants at the mo.

But maybe if people don’t renew by the 18th they open those spaces up. 

sorry, not massively helpful that. lol

no. That’s a great help. Thanks mate. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ANDY said:

no. That’s a great help. Thanks mate. 

No worries. Good luck!

We always went to every game before. The admin fee is well worth it just for not having to check on ticket news/sale dates/points levels etc. 

ive got a pretty high points total so dont really effect me but when 500 are already taken out of circulation when say we only get 1000 allocation for an away game i think aint right . do other clubs do this? id imagine we will be the only club in league 1 for sure what does.  not saying 100% this should be scrapped but maybe needs looking at considering allocations are lower now than they were when this was 1st set up. 

11 minutes ago, morganowl said:

ive got a pretty high points total so dont really effect me but when 500 are already taken out of circulation when say we only get 1000 allocation for an away game i think aint right . do other clubs do this? id imagine we will be the only club in league 1 for sure what does.  not saying 100% this should be scrapped but maybe needs looking at considering allocations are lower now than they were when this was 1st set up. 

I believe the number is 200 not 500

7 minutes ago, morganowl said:

Plus another chunk goes to corporate and players, meaning there are hardly any left for everybody else.

Only away games I missed out on getting tickets for last season were AFC Wimbledon and Fleetwood due to the small allocations, and there were plenty of fans with more TPP than me who also missed out. Fortunately I managed to go in the home end at Wimbledon and get some spares for Fleetwood so didn't miss the games (and more importantly, adding the grounds!) but I suspect it'll be touch and go for Forest Green tickets next March even if I boost my TPP by going to pretty much every away game before then.

31 minutes ago, morganowl said:

It wouldn’t make any difference if you scrapped it because all the away season ticket holders have got maximum points though. Most have been doing it for years.

If the allocations were bigger like most of the last 20 years in the championship it wouldn’t even be a discussion. 

How long have we had away season tickets functioning for? It seems like a completely closed shop if there is no way or means to get added to it. I would want one as I had wanted to go all 23 league games last year, and missed a couple due to low allocations/points. I would add that I completey agree with the points system we use, much better and fairer than theirs across the city....

• Like 1

On 01/07/2022 at 12:18, TimoWerther said:

How long have we had away season tickets functioning for? It seems like a completely closed shop if there is no way or means to get added to it. I would want one as I had wanted to go all 23 league games last year, and missed a couple due to low allocations/points. I would add that I completey agree with the points system we use, much better and fairer than theirs across the city....

Years mate remember 1st season I had 1 Steve Watson was playing for us.

Only 200-250 I think though.

On 01/07/2022 at 10:48, morganowl said:

Stop babbling for once.