Potential record breaker

5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

yes ive realised that now. dont understand why we are selling tickets this way . all seats not owned by a season ticket holder should have gone on sale saturday night with 100 points ,sunday 50 points then general sale monday . the quicker its sold the better . sunderland supporters could sell 46000 which i find incredible because they only once managed this in last 25 years and that was in the top flight against liverpool , the only sellout that ground has ever had.  hope our players get some decent ear buds thats seriously intimidating . 

The ticket office can only process them so quickly.

They wanted to spread the sales over several days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

Sunderland would still have been at Roker Park in the early 90s?

The grunters played Sunderland in the play off semi in 1998, I thought that could have been up there.

There was 40,092 at Sunderland but only 23,800 for the leg at bramall lane

Their crowds were quiet tin pot until they reached the premier League , now have a lot of PL hangers on 🐷

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Sunderland probably be about 39-42k . We will sell out our stadium obviously 

Fantastic support that from Sunderland especially considering they've spent 3 seasons in league One .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

incredibly sales are poor for home game . sold only appx 18000 . sunderland have sold 40000 its almost like that fans wont buy tickets until saturday . i attend home and away win lose draw sleet snow rain sun i dont wait to see if we get hammered before i buy.

I can't buy until tomorrow, lots will be in the same boat. Expect it to sell out before we even get to fridays game.

Just now, Greengrass said:

Probably be closer to 80,000

46000 Sunderland

33500 SWFC

So we will still hold the record for attendance at a 3rd tier football match 

• Like 1