I can’t see them making the final who ever they play over two legs 

their run in form as been awful 

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Personally I want MK dons to go up automatically 

and Rotherham to fall into the playoffs 

I can’t see them making the final who ever they play over two legs 

their run in form as been awful 

They do seem vulnerable at the moment. 

See the goal that cost them automatic on Tuesday night? Lad manages to diving head it into his own goal from about 15 yards out, quite impressive. 

Seems like their confidence has been shot for a while now. The Dons have had a little stutter, but they strike me as the more dangerous side atm. 

Speaking of which, Wigan's form is utterly abysmal too, but they are pretty much up. 

I think form goes out of the window a little bit on the last day of the season. 

So many variables, teams fighting for points playing under pressure, other teams with no pressure playing with freedom and teams already on the beach just going through the motions. 

Hopefully from our point of view, we can make it a very comfortable day by winning and enjoy the excitement of other games for second place and the other play off spots.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

They do seem vulnerable at the moment. 

See the goal that cost them automatic on Tuesday night? Lad manages to diving head it into his own goal from about 15 yards out, quite impressive. 

Seems like their confidence has been shot for a while now. The Dons have had a little stutter, but they strike me as the more dangerous side atm. 

Speaking of which, Wigan's form is utterly abysmal too, but they are pretty much up. 

Yeah Wigan are up in goal difference at worst 

Rotherham fans have been saying they’ve been poor since March even against us if we had a striker on the pitch we don’t lose that game 

I think it will be a very nervous game against Gillingham away for them and I wouldn’t be betting on that be a Rotherham banker everybody thinks it is 

I think the fact MK dons have Plymouth is more of a help to Rotherham than Rotherham playing Gillingham 

either way all way through the promotion and playoff push this season has plenty of twists in it 

the live table on Saturday will be a cracker for the neutral 

and you just know we are going to make this harder than it should be 

all those games will be carrying a. Huge amount of pressure in packed out stadiums it’s going to come down to who’s mentally strong enough 

Saturday Is like 6 cup finals all kicking off at the same time 

• Like 1

The truth about form is that recent form isn't necessarily a great indicator.

It also depends a lot on the relative strength of the teams you played home and away.

Say you were a bottom 6 team and played Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Tottenham home and away and L1 D4.

Another bottom 6 team played Norwich/Watford/Everton/Burnley/Leeds and W2 D1 L2,  who would you fancy in the next match?

While these stats and comparisons can give you some information and I admire anyone who takes the time to compile this information, you can look at them in different ways.

For example, you can look at Wednesdays figures and see we average 2.5pts at home, we look nailed on.

The figure that concerns me is that Pompey have averaged 1.0 pts away from home, if that figure stays true, that's a draw waiting to happen 🤨

3 minutes ago, George Whitebread said:

Hmm... 

Apparently Portsmouth's form since the January transfer window closed would have seen them promoted if they'd not started the season so badly. 

Damn it. I'm worried again. ☹️

https://forum.truebluearmy.com/showthread.php?tid=1790

That may be so, but look who's still above them with a game in hand...

Screenshot_2022-04-29-06-38-59-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.484d2b4fa65301d44e9e7cf674372cc2.jpg

😎

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That may be so, but look who's still above them with a game in hand...

Also, look at the difference between their home form and their away form. Away, they've beaten Shrewsbury and Crewe, drawn with Ipswich, Bolton and Morecambe, and lost at Oxford, Plymouth and Cheltenham.

• Like 1