Tariq Uwakwe

7 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Unfortunately Chelsea loans are run as part of Chelsea PLC & thus are a profit making income stream………… They currently have 44 players, many of who’re unlikely ever to play a first team game, out on loan to other clubs. One of whom has been at the club over 10 years & has been loaned out 7 times!

Chelsea mates tell me this income stream is entirely allocated to the upkeep & improvements of Stamford Bridge.

This is how all the elite PL clubs are run!

Thank you for taking your time to explain.

Left exasperated. No acknowledgement from the elite clubs of needing to keep the football league infrastructure intact.

• Like 2

You have to feel sorry for the lad really. If the best he can do after making the cut to get into Chelsea’s youth system is to try his luck at S6, where he will undoubtedly spend the next two years warming the bench before disappearing into footballing obscurity, then he must be feeling pretty down right now. 

If he’s lucky maybe he’ll land a job in the Scottish second tier before we get our hands on him. 

I kept saying he was a done deal in the summer, kept reading he was an absolute diamond on his trial and we wanted to keep him.

Moore was big fan of what he saw.

Financially, it wasn't possible to do the deal but hopefully it goes ahead, if Chelsea are wanting less now.

• Thanks 1

TBH I hope we don't sign him. It's a total gamble to hand out contracts to unproven kids that have played very little senior football. If he's not up to it we are stuck with him and his wages for 2 or 3 years.

I wouldn't read too much into it that he's from Chelsea either. They hoover up hundreds of kids every year from the ages of 8 or 9 and very few end up making a career in professional football.

I don't know where he will fit in either. He sees himself as an attacking midfielder or playing further forward. It's a no from me.

43 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

TBH I hope we don't sign him. It's a total gamble to hand out contracts to unproven kids that have played very little senior football. If he's not up to it we are stuck with him and his wages for 2 or 3 years.

I wouldn't read too much into it that he's from Chelsea either. They hoover up hundreds of kids every year from the ages of 8 or 9 and very few end up making a career in professional football.

I don't know where he will fit in either. He sees himself as an attacking midfielder or playing further forward. It's a no from me.

On the flip side though, we've got Bannan, Johnson, Gregory, Berahino, Hutchinson and Hunt etc...wrong side of 30

Who may not be good enough for the Championship next season.

Are we in a position, to not put minutes in younger legs.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

On the flip side though, we've got Bannan, Johnson, Gregory, Berahino, Hutchinson and Hunt etc...wrong side of 30

Who may not be good enough for the Championship next season.

Are we in a position, to not put minutes in younger legs.

You'd have thought so with Corbeanu but Moore has ditched him for 30 year old Mendez Laing who has played about 3 games in the last 18 months.

12 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

A lot of sense in that.........................FDB is halfway through his contract already and has barely kicked on and is a bit part player.

Liam Waldock could have comfortably done what he has done in that time frame.

• Like 2