Tariq Uwakwe

16 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seems a bit odd is not wanting to do a deal because they wanted a 40% sell on fee. Is midfield really a position we need to strengthen? Seems to be one position we really aren’t short of players in. 

Frees up our existing midfielders to fulfil their destiny as makeshift wingers and centre-backs, though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I’ve probably mentioned it before but I was surprised with our recruitment in the summer. There was more experience signed than I expected.

I felt Moore’s initial appointment was with a view to us going down a different route that was based more on younger players but this hasn’t really been the case.

Is there still issues at the top of the club that dictate recruitment and various other football based decisions? More I look at the current situation, I feel Moore has not managed us in the same vein as he has elsewhere but that’s my view? I’m sure the majority on here disagree with it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Im not sure, I’d be surprised if a there weren’t various people involved in recruitment given we have a recruiting team. Donny ultimately baulked in their promotion race without experience and that ability to last the season. So I can see why we added some older heads. If we could get our best side on the pitch consistently we’d be a lot higher up the table but if this season is all or nothing and we go down the younger route, if we got some good ones like Coventry did then a few seasons it’s all very different.

Guest DoesJackHunt
9 minutes ago, malek said:

Another generic central midfielder that is no better than those already at the club. We seem to be trading water unable to spot and bring in real talent that would actually improve us.

How do you know that he's no better than what we have?

Who would you be happy to be linked to ?

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Im not sure, I’d be surprised if a there weren’t various people involved in recruitment given we have a recruiting team. Donny ultimately baulked in their promotion race without experience and that ability to last the season. So I can see why we added some older heads. If we could get our best side on the pitch consistently we’d be a lot higher up the table but if this season is all or nothing and we go down the younger route, if we got some good ones like Coventry did then a few seasons it’s all very different.

It's all well and good having the older heads.

But when they all play in every game they can then the younger ones never find form when they're needed because the older ones can't play a 50 game season. We also concede late on a lot because they're all knackered by 70 minutes.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
23 minutes ago, malek said:

Another generic central midfielder that is no better than those already at the club. We seem to be trading water unable to spot and bring in real talent that would actually improve us.

If you know that as fact then I wish  i had your footballing knowledge. The next time we're looking for a manager i'll be bandying your name about. LUMP ON everyone.

27 minutes ago, malek said:

aah malek, you've spoilt it now, is he really no better than what we have?.........are Chelsea that daft?

45 minutes ago, malek said:

Bit of a harsh take this. Doubt we've seen anything of him to make a judgement call yet but younger players are definitely what we should be looking to bring in. 

40% sell on fee is a very steep request though. I think 15-20 seems to be the normal amount. 

1 hour ago, Screen Door Slams said:

If Adeniran and Byers are DM,s idea of good midfielders then i aint holding my breath on this one.

Thus far I can agree in relation to Byers but Adeniran has been unlucky. Looked very good in spells and has picked up a few niggles which has meant he hasn't been able to maintain some consistency. He's the least of our worries.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

How do you know that he's no better than what we have?

Who would you be happy to be linked to ?

Just my opinion, but there is no point to write that in every post I made. Is it ?!

Seen him play for both Chelsea youth sides and Accrington and he did little to impress aside from great game he played against Leeds U-23's in that Pizza Cup. Might be wrong, but I think that he played most of his senior games at left wing back, so perhaps he could be seen as a solution for a position where we are lacking. Again (and in my opinion), not 1 bit better than what We already have available, especially in central midfield.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1