it could be a lot worse.

On 02/12/2021 at 09:05, morganowl said:

surely not . they still have some decent players and could sell them in 4 weeks to help pay some of this. what would annoy me is they get away with this debts reduced then start next season chucking money about and get instantly promoted . i certainly wouldn`t like a club like derby going under.  i dont think many realise if chansiri didnt back us during pandemic we could have already gone under

Why would anyone buy those “decent players” in 4 weeks time when they could sign em for sweet fanny adams when Derby are liquidated ?

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is, though, that clubs like Derby and Wednesday have chucked a fortune trying to compete with the parachute clubs, but have not been allowed to spend enough to actually do it.

Until the parachute business is resolved, it will always happen.

Brentford; Dirtyleeds; S2 (possibly) would suggest otherwise 

• Haha 1

On 02/12/2021 at 09:26, room0035 said:

This never happens though it will be for a new owner to get them on the cheap and not have to pay much for the club.

the interest thing is though who owns pride park because I don't think it's derby county. If the company goes bust the assets i.e. Pride park could be sold to pay the creditors.

They can play at burton albion from looking at their recent crowds

17 hours ago, Truth is out there said:

Brentford; Dirtyleeds; S2 (possibly) would suggest otherwise 

Fair enough, but those three are special cases.

Brentford I freely admit had a far, far better recruitment system in place than ours, but then again it is better than everybody else's too.

If you were to need their set-up to get promoted, then nobody bar them would manage it.

There was a time when Leeds were the best team in this country and competed on a European level.

True, you've got to be 60+ to remember it, but Bielsa is in that age group.

We'd never be able to attract a Bielsa, and Derby probably wouldn't either.

He'd probably never even heard of us before managing in the Championship.

And as for the Blades, well they were just outrageously lucky.

You could pluck a dozen managers from the lower leagues and none of them would achieve what he did.

To go from being a mid-table Third Division team in four seasons, bearing in mind what they didn't spend, is absolutely unbelievable.

And if Coutts hadn't been butchered they might have done it in three.

If the Owls and Rams are waiting for a Tufty to come along, I'm afraid they'll both have a very long wait.

Because if it were as easy as that, everybody would be doing it.

22 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Fair enough, but those three are special cases.

Brentford I freely admit had a far, far better recruitment system in place than ours, but then again it is better than everybody else's too.

If you were to need their set-up to get promoted, then nobody bar them would manage it.

There was a time when Leeds were the best team in this country and competed on a European level.

True, you've got to be 60+ to remember it, but Bielsa is in that age group.

We'd never be able to attract a Bielsa, and Derby probably wouldn't either.

He'd probably never even heard of us before managing in the Championship.

And as for the Blades, well they were just outrageously lucky.

You could pluck a dozen managers from the lower leagues and none of them would achieve what he did.

To go from being a mid-table Third Division team in four seasons, bearing in mind what they didn't spend, is absolutely unbelievable.

And if Coutts hadn't been butchered they might have done it in three.

If the Owls and Rams are waiting for a Tufty to come along, I'm afraid they'll both have a very long wait.

Because if it were as easy as that, everybody would be doing it.

My point was / is it’s not just about parachute payments: as you yourself suggest promotion can be achieved by:

smart (exceptional) recruitment 

status /reputation 

good fortune ( ?)

Which is lacking @ S6?

nb can’t be far off returning PL if your observation about plucking a dozen lower league gaffers is true 🤔😉