Connected

Just been watching Gary Neville talking on sky sports pre Newcastle vs Leeds game. Asked about his thoughts on Newcastle United and some of their troubles he mentioned that an owner absolutely needs to be connected with the people of that city. I was wondering how fans feel when it comes to swfc and connecting with the fans. I’ve not lived in that area since I was a kid but regardless I can’t help agreeing that this is something a few clubs are missing right now….

• Like 1

Not sure I agree with Gary Neville here

Don't think you need to be anything other than a sound ethical businessman that treats the fans with respect, communicates with them openly, honestly and transparently, and creates a football club that is based around the community it serves, and offers the fans what they hope for and expect at such a high cost event.

Unless that's what he means?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure I agree with Gary Neville here

Don't think you need to be anything other than a sound ethical businessman that treats the fans with respect, communicates with them openly, honestly and transparently, and creates a football club that is based around the community it serves, and offers the fans what they hope for and expect at such a high cost event.

Unless that's what he means?

Yeah I think that’s what he means and that what Newcastle fans don’t feel from their owner.

6 minutes ago, Yorkowl.74 said:

Yeah I think that’s what he means and that what Newcastle fans don’t feel from their owner.

From the outside it seems Ashley and the fanbase are very separate things doesn't it

Could almost say the same here at our club - let's see what our chairman says/does this season

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop