How to become a successful club

18 hours ago, beano said:

Somehow you have incorrectly spelt numpty wrong twice in the same post calling out someone else's stupidity. Bravo sir.

I'm actually dyslexic... It's what my phone changed it to. But feel proud if yourself mate 

• Haha 1

Brentford have finished in the top half of their division in each of the last 13 seasons. You have to go back to the mid-80s to get 13 top-half finishes for us.

Edited by Sova
  • Like 1

Guest Grandad
21 hours ago, Triple O said:

I make that a $400 million loss !!!!!

You're  not doing our accounts are you?

19 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

If you don’t know anything about football - which DC has openly admitted in the past - and even less about running a business, the secret is to take a back seat and surround yourself with people who do have these skill sets.

... Assuming you can actually do that. Ch*nsiri knows nothing, he can't even put an effective team together - one of the basic requirements of being a success in business.

Guest Hornsby
20 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

So it took him 9 years to get promoted.. I’m not sure many of ours fans would have the patience for that. Would be quite disappointed if we’re still not back after 9 years, although I fully expect to be disappointed.

Would also say that lots of clubs get promoted over 9 seasons.. most of them don’t do anything similar to this. So is this really the best/most efficient way of operating if your exclusive goal is promotion to the PL

And build a new ground, costing £110 million and assembling squad valued at £100 million.

He s £300 million ahead of Chansiri .

22 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

I remember threads like this in the past, maybe three years ago.

Lots of discussion around vision and strategy.

I also remember being advised that the club would be working on such things behind the scenes and that I shouldn't be so naive as to think a large business like SWFC wasn't already planning ahead etc.

Mmmmmmm......

But Chansiri is copying the Brentford model or at least part of it. They started doing this way back in their L2 days........................................................oh balls!

In July 2016 Brentford signed left back/wing back Rico Henry from Walsall for a few of 1.5 Million. Wednesday ended up signing a left sided player called Urby Emanuleson, who famously didn’t make his debut until 20 minutes from the end of the season.

In January 2017 Wednesday signed Sam Winnall and Jordan Rhodes (initially on loan) 

In July 2017 Brentford signed Ollie Watkins for an undisclosed fee (reported to be believed in the figure of 1.8 Million.

And don’t forget the 200 odd centre halves we apparently looked at, yet could only find Van Aken as being suitable.

At that time Brentford were buying Ethan Pinnock from Barnsley for an initially 500k.

I guess that’s how you make a successful club?