How to become a successful club

This is how to run a run/develop a football club. 

All about analytics and scientific thinking. 

Interesting that he tested the theories on a Danish club first and only used the successful elements. 

Our Chairman should have a look at how it’s done. 

People like Benham and Bloom are very smart, both succeeded after falling out with each other. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

But did he bake the largest cake ball in the world?

The answer is no.

Viva Chansiri.

THIS

Money isn't everything 

Sometimes you gotta just go for what you want in life

And what we want is CAKEBALL!!

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I didn't see on that twitter feed what year the Brentford bloke put golden elephants outside the main entrance.  If he had done it sooner, it wouldn't have been a 10 year wait.  

What a mug!

Hats off to the guy. Brentford are definitely the benchmark and have been for a few years now. Gradual progression. One thing to note is the guy has never employed a ‘manager’ like Bruce and given him sole responsibility. He has done the opposite. I wonder if this approach will be more accepted in this country now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Interesting that he tested the theories on a Danish club first and only used the successful elements. 

People like Benham and Bloom are very smart, both succeeded after falling out with each other. 

Just spoke to DC he says you lost him on the word “thinking”

He also said what’s scientific “is that like Star Wars or summat?”

:Chansiri:lol

Is there a "running a football club for NUMBTYS " He could buy....  or is it he f@#ked up and bought "NUMPYS Running a football club" although that would be autobiographical for him ! 

Lol well it would be if not for that good old reality........biting 

If you don’t know anything about football - which DC has openly admitted in the past - and even less about running a business, the secret is to take a back seat and surround yourself with people who do have these skill sets.

Its not rocket science FFS

• Like 1

I remember threads like this in the past, maybe three years ago.

Lots of discussion around vision and strategy.

I also remember being advised that the club would be working on such things behind the scenes and that I shouldn't be so naive as to think a large business like SWFC wasn't already planning ahead etc.

Mmmmmmm......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashley8 said:

Is there a "running a football club for NUMBTYS " He could buy....  or is it he f@#ked up and bought "NUMPYS Running a football club" although that would be autobiographical for him ! 

Lol well it would be if not for that good old reality........biting 

Somehow you have incorrectly spelt numpty wrong twice in the same post calling out someone else's stupidity. Bravo sir.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

If you don’t know anything about football - which DC has openly admitted in the past - and even less about running a business, the secret is to take a back seat and surround yourself with people who do have these skill sets.

Its not rocket science FFS

He actually did this when he arrived, which went well. After about a year DC clearly thought he had the knowledge to run the club and things have been on a downhill trajectory ever since. To put it simply he was smarter six years ago than he is now.

At the time i thought getting rid of warburton was a huge mistake for Brentford, but he apparently didn't buy in to the system fully, so was moved on. He's now at QPR and Brentford will be playing Premier League Football next season.

Their owner seems a very interesting guy, could teach the muppet owner we have a few things about business.

Guest LondonOwl313

So it took him 9 years to get promoted.. I’m not sure many of ours fans would have the patience for that. Would be quite disappointed if we’re still not back after 9 years, although I fully expect to be disappointed.

Would also say that lots of clubs get promoted over 9 seasons.. most of them don’t do anything similar to this. So is this really the best/most efficient way of operating if your exclusive goal is promotion to the PL

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

So it took him 9 years to get promoted.. I’m not sure many of ours fans would have the patience for that. Would be quite disappointed if we’re still not back after 9 years, although I fully expect to be disappointed.

Would also say that lots of clubs get promoted over 9 seasons.. most of them don’t do anything similar to this. So is this really the best/most efficient way of operating if your exclusive goal is promotion to the PL

That's a really good question.

I guess you have to look at relative starting positions e.g. would Brentford got there anyway in that time?

You also have to consider what long term effects the model has.

That in itself would be part of the science / analytics: does it work everywhere, is it the most efficient approach etc.

3 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I wonder if DC has a time machine and went back to the end of his first season did not sack Gray and instead, let him grow the club, building with his ethos of work rate.

I bet the club would be fighting at the top of the league, not losing £20m a season, not homeless, and not having £10's of million spent on players leaving on free transfer.

How one mistake would alter the whole football club.