Now we know what is needed to survive

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

Do the maths all day long, X Vs Y, exponential numbers, 4 points a win, whatever way you look at it, Sheffield Wednesday are staying up 

It’s arithmetic like that that got us into this mess in the first place, Stanley !

5 wins for the gaffer Darren Moore, that's what the attitude of the players should be. 

Not going to happen though, too many spineless players who are only bothered about getting to the end of the season ready to sign for a new club. These last 5 games to them will be no different to how they've played all season, no commitment, no desire to win a challenge, no pride or passion, just go through the motions and take the pay check every week and get another tattoo put on.

Their agents probably will have sorted out the contracts for their new clubs and they will just go through the motions to the end of the season.

With the exception of a couple of our players who have put the effort in, the answer to your question is, we've known for years whats required in the championship to compete week in week out but these players will let us down again.

Hope I'm wrong but 60 years of watching Wednesday makes you feel this way.

UTO

9 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

I don’t think 47 will be enough - we need to win all 5 and get to 50  IMHO.

Its not going to happen - we don’t disagree on that though !

I said before Swansea that we can lose 1 more game and that we needed at the very worst 1 defeat, 1 draw, and 4 wins from our final 6, and one of those wins has to be against Derby. 

Like you I’m not even sure 4 wins and a draw will even be enough now. It’s all a bit pointless anyway because we are never going to get that in any case. We’re doomed

• Like 1