No fight no desire no chance

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Apart from the odd game been the same all season. Blame managers all you like but this crock are not championship standard, and the ones who are have lost the bottle. Blame monk for bringing these players in, Blame DC for letting him, but the buck stops at the players feet. Gutless!!

Should be paid on a performance and win basis, soon change their attitude.

Last night’s performance took away my last lingering hopes of a late revival and I now finally accept that relegation is a certainty. The final indignity will be a late flurry of results that gets us to within 3 points of safety meaning that any single one of the numerous games we could, and should, have won, would have saved us

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Apart from the odd game been the same all season. Blame managers all you like but this crock are not championship standard, and the ones who are have lost the bottle. Blame monk for bringing these players in, Blame DC for letting him, but the buck stops at the players feet. Gutless!!

The thing is Stu, although I agree that in some part the players are responsible in the sense that it is their individual performance levels and mistakes that ultimately cost us points you kind of self-answer your point as to why the buck doesn’t stop at their feet. Monk/ DC / whoever advises did the recruitment. They didn’t recruit themselves! We replaced strikers with players who aren’t strikers. It’s difficult to then blame the ‘strikers’ for not scoring many goals? The squad didn’t self assemble Stu. They aren’t good enough for sure but anyone could see Paterson wasn’t going to be an effective replacement for Fletcher and Nuhiu! Or that Kachunga wasn’t an effective replacement for Forestieri etc etc. 
Our players did’t let their own contracts run down and then continue to pick themselves even though their performances are rubbish. 
The players are to ‘blame’ for some of the things they do/don’t do but really, the buck stops with Chansiri. 

22 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

The thing is Stu, although I agree that in some part the players are responsible in the sense that it is their individual performance levels and mistakes that ultimately cost us points you kind of self-answer your point as to why the buck doesn’t stop at their feet. Monk/ DC / whoever advises did the recruitment. They didn’t recruit themselves! We replaced strikers with players who aren’t strikers. It’s difficult to then blame the ‘strikers’ for not scoring many goals? The squad didn’t self assemble Stu. They aren’t good enough for sure but anyone could see Paterson wasn’t going to be an effective replacement for Fletcher and Nuhiu! Or that Kachunga wasn’t an effective replacement for Forestieri etc etc. 
Our players did’t let their own contracts run down and then continue to pick themselves even though their performances are rubbish. 
The players are to ‘blame’ for some of the things they do/don’t do but really, the buck stops with Chansiri. 

Agree with most of this - the final nail in the coffin was when the Jan transfer window came and went, without any steps to rectify the glaring shortcomings in the squad

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

Agree with most of this - the final nail in the coffin was when the Jan transfer window came and went, without any steps to rectify the glaring shortcomings in the squad

I’ve pointed out loads now that Luton signed Adebayo for about £250k in Jan. Would that have got us over the line? Quite possibly...

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

The lack of goals has been the killer.

Defensively, we have been generally OK apart from games we have had red cards.

Agree, considering the injuries at the back. 

The forward line is atrocious, as is midfield.... embarrassingly so. 

Still mad about last night.

Liam Palmer likes to play the hard man of late,

Is happy doing multiple girly pushes into a player, over a friggin  throw in, gives it the big un, under the full protection of the ref.

When it comes to leading with his head, to stoop, to head a 5 foot high ball, for a definite goal, his bottle goes. Hard man, my aris.

One of a few players, I'm desperate to see the back of.

• Like 1