No fight no desire no chance

Apart from the odd game been the same all season. Blame managers all you like but this crock are not championship standard, and the ones who are have lost the bottle. Blame monk for bringing these players in, Blame DC for letting him, but the buck stops at the players feet. Gutless!!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Stu said:

Apart from the odd game been the same all season. Blame managers all you like but this crock are not championship standard, and the ones who are have lost the bottle. Blame monk for bringing these players in, Blame DC for letting him, but the buck stops at the players feet. Gutless!!

IMO the 2 most gutless players on show last night, we're signed up well before Monk showed up. The worst quality wise wasn't a Monk signing, although at least he tries.

Despite being a bit of a nobber, Windass at least has some desire, as does Borner. Our predicament isn't down to Monks signings.

• Like 2

Recruitment has been a poor for a while, particularly in the summer and not rectified in January. We started a transition with Dele-Bashiru then stopped and started signing cast offs from the bargain bin. 

Added to that, it's almost impossible to motivate players who have had their contracts run down to fight for the cause, especially being in the bottom 3 all season after a points deduction.

They don't care, they know they are off in a few weeks and just going through the motions. The sad thing is that we can't leave them out and focus on contraced players because there aren't enough of them to put a team out 

We're now 9 points from safety with an interior goal difference, likely to be 12 after the weekend games. 

We are gone, there's no chance we're capable of winning 4 of the last 10 games, even then Birmingham would need to lose 9 in a row. It just isn't happening.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stu said:

You think it’s the PLAYERS fault we are in this mess?

Really??

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Really??

I can't blame the players as I believe they are trying, but most of them lack quality. The recruitment by Monk is part to blame, but the buck stops with Chansiri.

I don’t suppose it’s over until the fat lady sings as the saying goes. But she’s been singing a while for me. 
After the weekend will all be over anyway. 
Barnsley will put us out of our misery.
Barnsley ! 
Is DM staying ? 

Then what does DM do in terms of picking players ?
Does he look at his squad players for next year?

Does he leave those out of contract out of the line ups ? 

One think I have noticed this season, is the confidence that opposition players seem to have to showboat or perform dribbling skills against our players. I haven't noticed it as much in previous seasons and I am sure it's because they realise just how crap our lot are now, how slow they are to react and shut down the man in possession, pressure any close control, and how unwilling they are to put in a tackle.

It's clear to me that most of our players don't want to over exert themselves in order to avoid injury. It's an open invite to take the ******** if you are an opponent.

Roll on the summer, and the long overdue mass culling.

Edited by Sheff74
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Really??

On the pitch, yes. They seriously just aren't that good, and have no bottle for a fight. 

We all know off the field issues aren't their fault, but come on, some of these performances lately are disgraceful. 

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Monk’s recruitment & big contracts handed out t’risky signings by managers/DC prior t’him have ultimately cost us. DM now needs t’be proactive & start the scouting process for next season....need a few prem loans from his contacts in the game though from what I’m hearing the club needs a major shake-up behind the scenes.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

The management is responsible for these players being here.

56 minutes ago, doubled123456 said:

I can't blame the players as I believe they are trying, but most of them lack quality. The recruitment by Monk is part to blame, but the buck stops with Chansiri.

We needed a hard running tackling midfielder as early as the play off final. Issue never tackled. Shaw emerges and we cannot keep him for half a season because his contract expiry was exploited by his agent to get him money elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Really??

It has to be said they bear some responsibility. They are not children. They chose a profession that requires drive, passion and bravery to succeed. They have consistently fallen short in recent years and that in part is down to their own fragile mental state.

The last two seasons have just accelerated our demise, but signs of the underlying issues of lack of endeavour and application have been there long before this.

In truth I don't mind losing if the players have left it all on the pitch and at least tried to match the opposition. All too often we have not seen that.

I know the current global situation is demoralising, but it is for all of us. These guys need to realise how privileged they are to be so well paid for kicking a bag of wind around a pitch.