Someone tell me...

Guest Grandad
12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I totally understand the desire to blame DC, and he is a hideous disaster of a chairman.

But I disagree. We STILL had the tools to survive, had Monk, Pulis and Thompson used our players in the obvious best line-ups and formation.

Easily.

Had 1 manager failed - yes I could buy that

But with 3 managers having failed - and another one struggling to start - it seems to me like our recruitment just hasnt been good enough

We just don't have a very good squad.

41 minutes ago, sheffielddart said:

It does seem as fans that we’re flogging a dead horse though.

However, for the coaching staff, couldn’t give a poop what you see in training, watch the matches back  and surely you will see ....

1) We don’t have anyone who can play 1 up front: Patterson’s hold up play (ie first touch) isn’t good enough and Rhodes doesn’t have the physique - conclusion we have  to play two up - doesn’t matter whether you like this formation or not its what you’ve got.

2). Patterson and Windass doesn’t work, Patterson and Kachuga is worse, Kachunga and Windass gives us the same player on the pitch twice, Kachunga with Rhodes, Kachunga goes too deep, Windass and Rhodes ( have they had a falling out ? ) leaves Patterson and Rhodes as our only effective forward set up. It worked in the pre-season matches its worked when we’ve used it. Watch the matches its obvious.

3). Play Reach and Harris on their correct wings, theirs no point in going on about Reach losing interest, has this coincided with him being played out of position yet again ? Ask him ? 

4) Hutchinson was good at centre back, has not got the legs to play CDM anymore. 
5). You’ve gone back to the set up/tactics that have not been working for the last 15months. Why ? We are not Man City, we don’t have the players. Everything does not have to be pretty triangles, every move does not have to go through Bannan. On the wrong wings Reach (in particular) waits for BB to catch up with play, it takes any tempo out of the game. We play better at a higher tempo, the pretty triangles in the middle of the pitch generally go no where.

So another vote for two up top, higher tempo and crosses into the box, yes old fashioned but I didn’t sign this set of players and its the only way they’ve looked comfortable playing.

I could not agree more.

38 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Had 1 manager failed - yes I could buy that

But with 3 managers having failed - and another one struggling to start - it seems to me like our recruitment just hasnt been good enough

We just don't have a very good squad.

One was Monk. One was not a manager.

I was surprised Pulis failed, though even with his experience he failed to see we don’t have a player for the lone-striker role.

If Moore can’t see something as simple as this then he can go the same way as our other recent rubbish managers

Why do they persist in trying to put square pegs in round holes?

I gave up on this shower of sh!te weeks ago but they still wind me up be being so incompetent at every level.

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
23 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I was surprised Pulis failed, though even with his experience he failed to see we don’t have a player for the lone-striker role.

Incredible you've never made it as a manager - given your insight appears to be better than Garry Monk, Tony Pulis, neil Thompson and now Darren Moore.

You're wasted on here pal. Get in touch with Watford - its only a matter of time before theyre looking again lol 

23 minutes ago, horny owl said:

If Moore can’t see something as simple as this then he can go the same way as our other recent rubbish managers

Why do they persist in trying to put square pegs in round holes?

I gave up on this shower of sh!te weeks ago but they still wind me up be being so incompetent at every level.

Or maybe it’s us who are wrong? Just playing devils advocate, but they seem them in training every day 

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Or maybe it’s us who are wrong? Just playing devils advocate, but they seem them in training every day 

My god we’ve seen how bad they are in games

How bad must they be on bloody training???

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Incredible you've never made it as a manager - given your insight appears to be better than Garry Monk, Tony Pulis, neil Thompson and now Darren Moore.

You're wasted on here pal. Get in touch with Watford - its only a matter of time before theyre looking again lol 

In your opinion, sticking with our most successful formula of the season, two strikers and Harris & Reach on their strong side, do you think we’d have done this?

Birmingham 0-1

Brentford 0-3

Luton 2-3

Rotherham 1-2

Reading 0-3

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I think he saw it; it's just that even with all his years of experience, he didn't know how to fashion a team capable of consistently getting results out of the mess that is our squad:

"I've been a manager a long time and I don't think I've stepped into a situation like this before… Out of all the clubs I've managed, it's probably as disjointed a group as I've managed.

"If you look at it, there’s six centre-halves, and I don’t think we’ve got a left back. We've got five tens, and really not a centre-forward.

"It swirls around, whatever you're trying to do. You want to try and find that balance - the balance of the team is so, so important. And an identity within that balance is so important.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Incredible you've never made it as a manager - given your insight appears to be better than Garry Monk, Tony Pulis, neil Thompson and now Darren Moore.

You're wasted on here pal. Get in touch with Watford - its only a matter of time before theyre looking again “

So why can’t these “football people” see the bleedin’ obvious ? Or can they see it and there’s some other reason we don’t set up like that ? Pray enlighten us mere mortals. 

Edited by sheffielddart
  • Like 1

The recruitment has been a shambles. 3-5-2 only works if you have 2 capable wing backs. We have none. 4-4-2 only works if you have 2 capable full backs and a mobile centre midfield. Again we are lacking in those departments. 4-2-3-1 is something new to this group of players. It’s the new managers preferred  formation. He deserves a chance to implement his own system. Let’s face it none of the previous formations have worked consistently with this group of players. Playing 2 up top would be fine if we had 2 capable strikers. We don’t. We have Rhodes who has been garbage for 95% of his time here. Patterson who isn’t a striker. Kachunga who hasn’t scored a league goal for us and Windass who isn’t an out and out striker. In reality playing 2 of them is a waste of a shirt when you look at their productivity. 

Nobody is writing DM off. 

But it’s fair to expect a manager, however new, to see that we don’t have two full backs so we can’t play a back 4.

Similarly, DM can’t think Paterson is a lone striker.

Reach on the left

Harris on the right

Rhodes up front

Hutch at centre back

Moved away from that and we've been ******** dire since ...

If you are going for 4231 then You can still accommodate those players in their natural positions. Reach and Harris, left and right forwards, Rhodes lone striker, Hutch at the back

Instead we'll have a defensive midfield shanking balls up to Paterson who will mis-control it with his shin, giving ball away to opposition for them to counter attack

• Like 2