Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Trust Statement

48 hours and still no ticker tape parade?

I mean, what are you expecting for £10 annual subscription  in such a short period from a volunteer-led organisation?   48 hours, in which you've received your voting rights (I presume on the ID) and they've blown it because you haven't received other things yet?  

I don't think they've got an office full of people manning the lines waiting for every new member.

Chill.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm finding this exercise of yours really odd to be fair mate

What exercise?  

You mean trying to explain the process to people on here. 

I was all for it. 

If you ran this forum the same way people would complain.. But you don't. 

All I asked above was basics

The very basics.. 

I'm merely explaining what a shitshow it is to people. 

That's not odd.. 

Just   reality. 

• Love 2

13 minutes ago, Manwë said:

48 hours and still no ticker tape parade?

I mean, what are you expecting for £10 annual subscription  in such a short period from a volunteer-led organisation?   48 hours, in which you've received your voting rights (I presume on the ID) and they've blown it because you haven't received other things yet?  

I don't think they've got an office full of people manning the lines waiting for every new member.

Chill.

Like I said above if you'd have read

All it needs is an automated response. Not much to ask. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I keep hearing this but have never seen any of it?

I don’t really do Twitter and don’t really read Facebook either so haven’t really come across any of this continuing torrent 

What have you seen/read and where?

Perhaps your tolerance level is different to mine.  There are examples of abuse of the Owner in several postings from yesterday's conference on here; there have been several in the past against his son and Twitter (I now rarely view)  has been rife with insulting language against Mr & Mrs Chansiri, also their son when he is found to be following a player.  

3 minutes ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

Perhaps your tolerance level is different to mine.  There are examples of abuse of the Owner in several postings from yesterday's conference on here; there have been several in the past against his son and Twitter (I now rarely view)  has been rife with insulting language against Mr & Mrs Chansiri, also their son when he is found to be following a player.  

Abuse ?   No, there's a robust and hearty discussion at normal anglo saxon level as the the abilities of the Chairman in carrying out his duties to the club we love.

Any real abuse would be stamped out by the Mods and the Admins. We all have our disagreements on here, most are rectified after a bit of venting.
But abuse ?  I ceratinly haven't seen any,  and i've every faith in the Admin and Mods to stamp real abuse out.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

See Manwe's post above 

In all honesty, it's not odd.

I just feel that if the trust are going to take the high road and be responsible in helping to run the club at some stage.

Then they should get a basic auto response on joining sorted.   Seriously, that's basic.

THAT's my point.

What do we need to do ? Send a fax ? lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Abuse ?   No, there's a robust and hearty discussion at normal anglo saxon level as the the abilities of the Chairman in carrying out his duties to the club we love.

Any real abuse would be stamped out by the Mods and the Admins. We all have our disagreements on here, most are rectified after a bit of venting.
But abuse ?  I ceratinly haven't seen any,  and i've every faith in the Admin and Mods to stamp real abuse out.

Thank you - well said and bang on the money

It's so exhausting to hear from people complaining about 'relentless abuse' only to say 'oh no - show me where and we'll sort it' and never get a reply - because there isn't any.

It's so exhausting to actually go through that repeatedly, day in day out, with people who mindlessly post about the relentless abuse that the chairman gets, but can never ever ever ever ever find any to show us.

Almost like they're believing a myth but when asked to show us they can't.

"there's relentless abuse of the chairman - it's relentless"

"where?"

"I saw one on twitter a bit back"

SUCH a waste of everyone's time

• Thanks 3

Owlstalk Shop

37 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

In all honesty, it's not odd.

I just feel that if the trust are going to take the high road and be responsible in helping to run the club at some stage.
Then they should get a basic auto response on joining sorted.   Seriously, that's basic.
THAT's my point.
What do we need to do ? Send a fax ? lol

lol

Fair feedback - but that's all it is -  feedback

Feed it back to them as a member and help them understand, realise and sort it

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Thank you - well said and bang on the money

It's so exhausting to hear from people complaining about 'relentless abuse' only to say 'oh no - show me where and we'll sort it' and never get a reply - because there isn't any.

It's so exhausting to actually go through that repeatedly, day in day out, with people who mindlessly post about the relentless abuse that the chairman gets, but can never ever ever ever ever find any to show us.

Almost like they're believing a myth but when asked to show us they can't.

"there's relentless abuse of the chairman - it's relentless"

"where?"

"I saw one on twitter a bit back"

SUCH a waste of everyone's time

Don't tire yourself out by replying to posts would be my advice.  Your standards are clearly different to mine and, as I don't keep a file of statements by anyone about anything, I'll have to leave it to you to research social media to confirm or revise your opinions.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Plonk said:

Well given MrCs comment yesterday about selling to the supporters maybe they need to start having a whip round. If they are serious about fan ownership the door has been opened up. 

I think he was referring to serious offers only not million and half divided by 25. If the trust want to get anywhere then first they must recognise who their argument is with and what that argument is about.

First and foremost the trust should take stock whist interested parties circle. The EPL, the EFL, the Fa and the government. See what the lay of the land looks like in the new year. In the mean time make contacts with other clubs, particularly those in a precarious position. 

Forget the local self interest it will solve nothing. Given a level playing field DC can handle SWFC, the trust is not needed here. They could be most useful as a broader campaigning group with the FSF and FSA to bolster them. The problem is with the FA as lead body and the FPL the financial governor and s.  

Just  1087 signatures at every ground in the EPL and EFL would earn you a debate in Parliament !

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

5 hours ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

Don't tire yourself out by replying to posts would be my advice.  Your standards are clearly different to mine and, as I don't keep a file of statements by anyone about anything, I'll have to leave it to you to research social media to confirm or revise your opinions.

I have to

People that come on and post about how much relentless abuse the chairman gets on here is just WRONG/LYING

I won't have people coming on saying there's relentless abuse of the chairman on here because there IS NOT.

There isn't.

As proved when I asked you to simply show me where it was and you couldnt.

This is always the case

WHY?

Because there IS no 'relentless abuse' of the chairman on here - this site is moderated and we don't allow or WANT that on here.

So take your 'relentless abuse' claims and keep them to yourself 

If you're talking about other platforms like facebook/twitter etc - then I'm not interested in that either. We're not them. Don't lump this site in with anyone/anything else.

I find your 'relentless abuse' claims extremely offensive and an affront to the moderator team who have created an environment where people don't even bother trying to post anything abusive about the chairman as they know the mods will simply remove it.

PS - If you think assessment of the chairmans performance, challenging his statements, challenging his way of running the club, or questioning if that's working is 'relentless abuse' then quite frankly you're 100% WRONG. 

• Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I have to

People that come on and post about how much relentless abuse the chairman gets on here is just WRONG/LYING

I won't have people coming on saying there's relentless abuse of the chairman on here because there IS NOT.

There isn't.

As proved when I asked you to simply show me where it was and you couldnt.

This is always the case

WHY?

Because there IS no 'relentless abuse' of the chairman on here - this site is moderated and we don't allow or WANT that on here.

So take your 'relentless abuse' claims and keep them to yourself 

If you're talking about other platforms like facebook/twitter etc - then I'm not interested in that either. We're not them. Don't lump this site in with anyone/anything else.

I find your 'relentless abuse' claims extremely offensive and an affront to the moderator team who have created an environment where people don't even bother trying to post anything abusive about the chairman as they know the mods will simply remove it.

PS - If you think assessment of the chairmans performance, challenging his statements, challenging his way of running the club, or questioning if that's working is 'relentless abuse' then quite frankly you're 100% WRONG. 

You must be SOOO tired now.  It must be a generation thing, I guess.

You really ought to be looking at other media sites, after all they are your competition.  You keep saying I haven't given you examples but I've told you to do your research if you want to .. I guess you don't. 

And now for football.

20 minutes ago, Swingin' Sixties said:

You must be SOOO tired now.  It must be a generation thing, I guess.

You really ought to be looking at other media sites, after all they are your competition.  You keep saying I haven't given you examples but I've told you to do your research if you want to .. I guess you don't. 

And now for football.

*sigh*

All week I’ve seen Facebook groups slating people on twitter about relentless negativity towards the chairman 

I’ve then watched the reaction from Twitter towards the Facebook group that SWFC have linked up with saying that the Facebook group in question relentlessly attacks the chairman

Ive then seen criticism of this site from Twitter and Facebook groups about how we analyse everything the chairman says

Just before the Facebook groups and Twitter then go on to  obliterate each with hate about each other being relentlessly negative towards the chairman 

It’s tedious beyond belief 

We don’t get involved in any of that bickering nonsense or trying to claim one platform is more toxic than the other 

We just do our own thing, moderating as we go to ensure nobody posts relentless abuse about the chairman - it doesn’t happen on here and yet you have claimed it does but can’t show me any examples. Even when asked to a few times now.

IN SHORT - you’re completely WRONG so please stop chatting nonsense

Ta love x

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop