Only once

Only once have we come back from conceding the first goal to win the game this season! We have managed a total of 8 points after going beind first. That to me demonstrates the complete lack of fight and bottle this group of players have and the lack of tactical nouse from the management team to change a game. 

By comparison we have taken the lead in 22 games and picked up maximum points 14 times, drawing 3. 

I think it demonstrates how fragile some of our players are.

I also think its no coincidence that our home form is so bad compared to our away form.

Some players can't handle a negative atmosphere and it shows

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

I also think its no coincidence that our home form is so bad compared to our away form.

We didn't win a home game after the restart... and there was no atmosphere at all, negative or otherwise!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Onge said:

We didn't win a home game after the restart... and there was no atmosphere at all, negative or otherwise!

Could it not be argued that the seed of negativity had already been planted beforehand? 

I agree you have a point, just curious as to the reasons our home form was still bad after the restart

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Only once have we come back from conceding the first goal to win the game this season! We have managed a total of 8 points after going beind first. That to me demonstrates the complete lack of fight and bottle this group of players have and the lack of tactical nouse from the management team to change a game. 

By comparison we have taken the lead in 22 games and picked up maximum points 14 times, drawing 3. 

Nothing to see here. The vast majority of games at all levels in all Countries aren't won by the team that concedes the fist goal.

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Nothing to see here. The vast majority of games at all levels in all Countries aren't won by the team that concedes the fist goal.

Sort of does though 

Edit.. Just re read what you wrote. 

Edited by TheGaffer

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Maybe so but I would imagine we are near the foot of the table for stats in this regard.

Unfortunately we are also prone to conceding the first goal, and the 2nd, and the 3rd.........

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Sort of does though 

Edit.. Just re read what you wrote. 

Screenshot_20200723_155405.jpg

Conclusive table that, thanks! :ghoulguy:

18 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Didn't Megson say the same of the team he inherited?  He soon changed that mentality of the squad.  His team's playing style is another matter but they become tougher.  The current squad are *******.

Didn't realise that the word for more than one cat was banned, pus*ies

Edited by Ian_D
swear filter
  • Like 1