BREAKING NEWS - EFL's 7 point plan to save this season

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

There are bigger targets to be concerned with - poorly Mr Boris Johnson and the people who failed to plan and have underfunded public services for years should be the ones nailed to the cross on this Good Friday not the football authorities - who should have been locked up years ago anyway. 

No arguing with that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

It doesn’t need to be completed. It doesn’t not need to either. It’s simply no big deal in the greater scheme of things. A final decision will be made when it can be. The clubs voted to try and complete it. And that’s a reasonable objective which is in no way putting cash before the health of the population. 

So the planning they are doing has nothing to do with possibly trying to avoid unfulfilled contracts and therefore the possibility that money needs to be either paid back or not received. Why plan for something they have zero influence on, seems like they are trying to keep football high up on the agenda, other sports don't seem to be going to the same lengths as football.

27 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

So the planning they are doing has nothing to do with possibly trying to avoid unfulfilled contracts and therefore the possibility that money needs to be either paid back or not received. Why plan for something they have zero influence on, seems like they are trying to keep football high up on the agenda, other sports don't seem to be going to the same lengths as football.

It may be - and I don’t know that might be the difference between survival and extinction for some clubs. It’s the papers that are keeping football high up the agenda and you are following the stories too. They have sports pages to fill and cricket and rugby ain’t gonna cut it. Ignore them if it bugs you. Or sign up to some retail forums so people like John Lewis and Amazon can get your goat for continuing to sell stuff. Wickes delivered some paint to me today but Wednesday aren’t playing Preston. 

42 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

I would imagine that their planning has everything to do with contracts and the financial implications of the current situation...it’s called running a business. All businesses have to plan for different eventualities not all of which are in their control. That you should find this offensive is beyond bizarre.

7 hours ago, rickygoo said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/327fcefe-655c-11ea-a6cd-df28cc3c6a68

This is a news report which dates from after the game suggesting a U-Turn was in the offing. Before that they’d said banning mass gatherings wouldn’t be beneficial. The main advice was to wash hands and stay home if you were sick.  

It was meant to be a gradual ramp up then all of a sudden - after football games were cancelled - they did a massive gear change with the work from home and stay out of pubs instructions. 

Sorry got my weeks wrong, the match was a week earlier than I thought

• Thanks 1

Personally I dobt we will be out of lockdown for another couple of months at least. That's not just a guess it's from studying the progression of the disease in other countries. It will be early to mid June before players go back to training. That makes it the end of June before they can restart games, Allow a couple of months to cram games in. Maybe begining of September before the season ends discounting any play offs.

With contracts ending 30th June it's going to be a car crash of a season ending and will totally screw up next season. To be brutally honest it's now become an irrelevance. nearly 1000 people a day are losing their lives so the football season just doesn't matter anymore. I love Wednesday but I'm begining to hate football..