BREAKING NEWS - EFL's 7 point plan to save this season

All this, 'when or if will this season be completed' seems purely based on having to start next season at the usual time of early August.

Why? Get this season finished when it's safe for everyone, then, and only then, see about starting a new season.

A total farce and a disgrace. The only way football will save any face is if governments and/or UEFA or FIFA step in and say it's unsafe for fans; players, staff and the emergency services and demand that all Leagues cancel the 19/20 season. If football resumes without fans behind closed doors, it would still be putting people at risk. Ffs, where is the common sense, there are far more important things than sport and TV money. Football is as good as dead, I have lost all respect and love for it, I won't be surprised if many others lose their respect and love for it too. Stay safe; human lives and health, and families are much more important than this trivial out of touch deluded nonsense.

Edited by The Night-Owl

for starters appx 50% of players contracts run out on june 30th ,all loans finish in may , I read somewhere clubs would have to extend this seasons contracts , so if you have some waster and we have had plenty on big money and you cant wait for june 30th to come (like we did with abdi for 3-4 years) you would have to give them 2 months more? surely not? . its possible that by july 1st some clubs might only have 3-4 players available due to loans and contracts ending ,all this is driven my money and not common sense . and when would next season start? and what happens if 1 player gets corona virus? that would put that club and other club played on lockdown for 2 weeks plus. if season was scrapped surely no court could touch that ruling based on pubic health and written into football that season must end by a set date. 

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Do you think it will be allowed if that’s the case? 

Who knows but they're talking as though they will finish it behind closed doors without fans. Fans, players and emergency services have already been put at risk during behind closed doors European competition games. Even if the lockdown is over and the virus is easing off or over by then, which I highly doubt, it would still put unnecessary demands upon the emergency services. Football as shown it cares for one thing only and that is money, everything else including fans it doesn't give a stuff about it. It already as proved that over the years with ticket pricing and kick off times. Once the virus as eased off, will fans even be able to still afford to follow their teams live or on TV?

Edited by The Night-Owl

7 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Abandon the 20-21 season finish this one where possible start again in August 21

what and lose the whole of 20-21 season repay all season tickets and have just about every club go bust? surely not. lets just scrap this season , and start next season a couple of weeks late. im struggling to see that at start of next season that no club will go bust ,im expecting quite a few, so missing next season entirely would be good bye football . 

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think problem playing behind closed doors will some fans will still show up.

If Leeds need a win last match at a closed Elland Road I bet a 1,000 plus people would be in the car park hoping to get in putting strain on the Police etc.

A very good point. Unless they don't release time and dates which is probably unworkable and impossible to keep quiet.

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If Leeds need a win last match at a closed Elland Road I bet a 1,000 plus people would be in the car park hoping to get in putting strain on the Police etc.

you mean a 100,000 as they are champions of Europe the worlds biggest ever club . good point you make though ,behind closed doors they would have thousands of the chavs outside and canned and coked up . another reason to scrap this season. 

17 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I share many of your sentiments but how does voiding the season mean you can concentrate on fighting coronavirus? 

It doesn't. I just meant that this constant waffle about finishing the season is just pointless and must be wasting the time of the administrators . Endless meetings,and discussions for no reason. To play the remainign nine games three or four months later is ludicrous. The only safe thing to do is cancel the season. The authorities I mentioned can then devote the time, however small, to more important things and we can all stop talking about it.

42 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

The game as we know it today doesn't even come close to comparing to the game during both wars.

The game survived then due to less reliance on money as players were on wages relative to joe public and as far as I'm aware there were no tv deals or sponsorship obligations, certainly not to the level we see in sport in general these days. 

You are correct, football will come through this one way or another but there is an absolute mess coming that the EFL can't even begin to comprehend. 

What's more, the prospect doesn't even frighten me as I'm praying the game will have to reset and evolve to something more akin to the old days. 

Although I'm not holding my breath on that one. 

Correct, the financial situation is night and day to back then but it’ll bottom out and like you say at some point reset. 

The way clubs have been run is a disgrace from the premier to the lower leagues - most of us have been saying it for years, hopefully the clueless owners will wake up 

If it is played behind closed doors, they also might realise how rubbish the game is without the fans so hopefully they won’t fleece us like they have for so long 

Like you I’m not holding my breath 

22 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

In times past the season would have been voided already IMO

In 1914 they finished the season. In WW2 they soon found a way to restart football. Just chill - if it can come back it will. If it can’t it won’t. 

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m guessing they’ll issue match by match Ifollow logins for season ticket holders.

Clever idea, one they have missed from the list, should also ditch the stupid no football lve on tv between 2.45 and  5.15 on Saturdays while they are at it.

4 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Just void the season. 

No promotion no relegation. With the greatest respect, it's the simple solution. 

I'm sorry for those clubs this effects re promotion, but it is what it is. It's not everyday a global pandemic hits.

Why does football think it's even remotely importent at the moment? 

Wednesday ladies have just accepted it even though they were odds on to be promoted this season. They have just said we will do it again next season. This has to be the proper attitude.

52 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

And the rest. Probably be around 1000 people hanging around outside of any normal match.