Monk’s post match interview

4 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Err, Mr Monk, why isn't westwood and hutch playing.?

Cos they are a pair of tw@ts.

Well then why isn't rhodes, winnall playing?

Cos they have helped create the shyte we are in..loads of chances.

Thanks mr monk...

No probs...do you know where the nearest job centre is?

They arent playing cause they are poo , not tw@ts

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Perhaps they should stand up and perform then

It's just not going to happen.

In an ideal 'passion for the shirt' world that reaction might be seen by really strong characters. 

We havent got any of those.  Certainly not fit anyway. I'd say Morgan Fox is about the only one to get through a torrid time and come out fighting. Fletcher has been there, done that through he career, too.

And that's why in theory Monk's decision is very commendable... but in reality it's a huge risk. 

If he knew regardless of results he had the chairman's backing until the summer, fine, but he clearly doesn't.

And just putting myself into the chairman's shoes - who is who he is regardless of whether that is right or wrong - he's the one who has funded all these players at various manager's requests... and now is going to be faced with another summer of upheaval, inflated transfer fees, tarnished reputation and value of his own players... where is the money coming from to buy a whole new squad of players?  A load of freebies? Huge risk - sure, there will be gems amongst them but most are simply another team's rejects, and why would the best join us rather than genuine promotion contenders and teams who are far more settled and without FFP irregularities hanging over their club?

Big fat mess, all sorts of problems to deal with - but for me we've got to work with the players we have until the summer and that was always going to be the case.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

A lot of the players are going anyway but if you think Monk is the man to build a team from scratch then we'll agree to differ.  And now they're all toxic are they not just the Terrible Twosome? Sometimes it needs for the manager to go. 

Yeh, agree to differ. Just think changing managers every year hasn't achieved much and maybe giving a manager the opp to buy and pick his own team is worth a shot. Can't remember the last manager who actually had a say in transfer don't think CC did although our most successful recently.

We all want the best, as getting tiresome these performances.

24 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

In an ideal 'passion for the shirt' world that reaction might be seen by really strong characters. 

We havent got any of those.  Certainly not fit anyway. I'd say Morgan Fox is about the only one to get through a torrid time and come out fighting. Fletcher has been there, done that through he career, too.

And that's why in theory Monk's decision is very commendable... but in reality it's a huge risk. 

If he knew regardless of results he had the chairman's backing until the summer, fine, but he clearly doesn't.

And just putting myself into the chairman's shoes - who is who he is regardless of whether that is right or wrong - he's the one who has funded all these players at various manager's requests... and now is going to be faced with another summer of upheaval, inflated transfer fees, tarnished reputation and value of his own players... where is the money coming from to buy a whole new squad of players?  A load of freebies? Huge risk - sure, there will be gems amongst them but most are simply another team's rejects, and why would the best join us rather than genuine promotion contenders and teams who are far more settled and without FFP irregularities hanging over their club?

Big fat mess, all sorts of problems to deal with - but for me we've got to work with the players we have until the summer and that was always going to be the case.

You can only work with players who want to work with you

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And there we have it.

Lol. Just going to take a very small part of my post totally out of context to make some kind of point? The post I quoted was somebody guessing and the line before the one you quoted was a comment that some of else was just guessing what they thought...so I was adding my guess to their guess.

1 minute ago, londonowl said:

Lol. Just going to take a very small part of my post totally out of context to make some kind of point? The post I quoted was somebody guessing and the line before the one you quoted was a comment that some of else was just guessing what they thought...so I was adding my guess to their guess.

Yep guess upon guess becomes vitriol against our players. 

25 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Thing is with DC he is stubborn any just may do the unexpected and back the manager. Bit like in the workplace where the bosses back each other regardless.

Just now, rickygoo said:

Yep guess upon guess becomes vitriol against our players. 

Yeah. What we should do is only discuss what we know for certain. Owlstalk is gonna be a very quiet place. 

Performances on the pitch lead to 'vitriol' against our players. If they turned up and put a proper shift in and got beat they wouldn't get half the stick they do. Given that I only mentioned the 2 players actually talked about by the manager, I don't think too many will be booing them next time out because they read on Owlstalk that londonowl thinks they are too big for their boots.

1 hour ago, davey_wells said:

What a mess

Manager throws all his players under the bus.

Manager expects said players to raise their level to get results.

*Bangs head on wall*

It shouldn't matter whether he throws them under 2 or 20 buses.

Personal pride, and a willingness to do it for the fans should be enough, not forgetting the Club that gave them this chance.

Selfish VVVankers 

6 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Yeah. What we should do is only discuss what we know for certain. Owlstalk is gonna be a very quiet place. 

Performances on the pitch lead to 'vitriol' against our players. If they turned up and put a proper shift in and got beat they wouldn't get half the stick they do. Given that I only mentioned the 2 players actually talked about by the manager, I don't think too many will be booing them next time out because they read on Owlstalk that londonowl thinks they are too big for their boots.

It isn't just you and of course we can discuss stuff. What riles me is when the guesses turn to certainty - which they have for many. And Westwood and Hutchinson have had all sorts of abuse on here. 

1 minute ago, MAL said:

It shouldn't matter whether he throws them under 2 or 20 buses.

Personal pride, and a willingness to do it for the fans should be enough, not forgetting the Club that gave them this chance.

Selfish VVVankers 

They aren't Sheffield Wednesday fans, get paid huge amounts regardless of how they play, now know they're not wanted by the manager and are also now getting either dropped or getting played at left wing back.

All players are selfish - the best managers manage them to get results - I like Monk's intentions a lot but it's a very long time until the end of the season.