Monk’s post match interview

28 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

I thought his comments were pretty scathing for Westwood and Hutchinson in particular 

i wouldn’t be surprised if KW and Hutch took to social media to defend themselves 

Clearly major issues in the dressing room

Not good if we end up in a relegation battle after a points reduction  

Agree

I would imagine that both Hutchinson and Westwood have friends in the squad, and that has probably ended up in a split changing room

2 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Agree

I would imagine that both Hutchinson and Westwood have friends in the squad, and that has probably ended up in a split changing room

The worst thing is they're probably just telling it like it is - that we're playing absolute dire football and havent got a hope in hell of getting promotion like that.

Was an excellent interview by Giddings.

Monk exposed the whole problem.

Basically he is already in summer and forgotten he in the middle of a season.

So obvious.

Being brutally honest with players telling them they are done. It's the stupidest thing I've heard. Really bad man management. Clearly no empathy and  desn't understand people. 

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Was an excellent interview by Giddings.

Monk exposed the whole problem.

Basically he is already in summer and forgotten he in the middle of a season.

So obvious.

Being brutally honest with players telling them they are done. It's the stupidest thing I've heard. Really bad man management. Clearly no empathy and  desn't understand people. 

Where does he talk about players being done regarding contracts? Hutch may be out of contract but Westwood isn't. He's admitting they are good players but doesn't like their attitude 

48 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

I thought his comments were pretty scathing for Westwood and Hutchinson in particular 

i wouldn’t be surprised if KW and Hutch took to social media to defend themselves 

Clearly major issues in the dressing room

Not good if we end up in a relegation battle after a points reduction  

We're in a relegation battle (without the requisite battle) even without the points deduction.

2 hours ago, Crofty_11 said:

Whoever interviews Monk tonight should be forcing him to answer the question of why he’s decided to freeze Westwood, Hutchinson, Winnall & Rhodes out. The fans have a right to know & don’t need to hear his post-match thoughts (excuses). If Monk refuses to answer the question, the interview should be terminated. Wish someone would have the balls to do it.

He did answer the question, he believes they are a negative influence on the changing room. Not saying I agree, but he did answer. 

'I've been 25 years in successful changing rooms....I know what goes into a changing room, its not always football, its characters etc....I can't go against what I know is right'.

Well at least he's said it as clearly as he can.  Those who are frozen out are bad 'uns.   

He's trying to motivate players who are more followers than leaders.  And the supposed 'leaders' are those that have now been told to do one because they are toxic influencers rather that those that set an example (e.g. Loovens, as mentioned in another thread).  Must be a really crap atmosphere going into work at Hillsborough atm :(

Edited by sagesse

1 minute ago, sagesse said:

'I've been 25 years in successful changing rooms....I know what goes into a changing room, its not always football, its characters etc....I can't go against what I know is right'.

Well at least he's said it as clearly as he can.  Those who are frozen out are bad 'uns.   

He's trying to motivate players who are more followers than leaders.  And the supposed 'leaders' are those that have now been told to do one because they are toxic influencers rather that those that set an example (e.g. Loovens, as mentioned in another thread).  Must be a really crap atmosphere going into work at Hillsborough atm :(

He would motivate players better if he stopped playing fúckíng diabolical hoofball, stopped his bizarre formation tinkering and worked out a tactical gameplan worth a poo.

8 minutes ago, Minton said:

Where does he talk about players being done regarding contracts? Hutch may be out of contract but Westwood isn't. He's admitting they are good players but doesn't like their attitude 

He clearly isn’t capable of changing their attitude otherwise they’d be playing 

Very worrying times, particularly when you look at March fixtures 

hopefully he’ll prove me wrong and turn things around but I can’t see it.

Ultimately judged on results. And the interview sounded like a bloke going through the motions. Ran out of ideas, fair play to him for changing the team and at least trying. But this club is dead at the minute. He’s not the root cause, I actually feel a bit sorry for him. Where’s his boss at? 

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

On a side note Rowett is doing a hell of a job at Millwall. Wonder how he would have faired here 

Probably the same as Monk. Regardless of what you think of their reputation, Millwall is a club run a thousand times better than ours.

Edited by NeonLeon