Monk’s post match interview

1 hour ago, waddleisgod said:

I thought his comments were pretty scathing for Westwood and Hutchinson in particular 

i wouldn’t be surprised if KW and Hutch took to social media to defend themselves 

Clearly major issues in the dressing room

Not good if we end up in a relegation battle after a points reduction  

About time manager called out the players get them out of the club. Monk needs time to build his own team, might as well give him the chance as the old new manager repeat has not worked in 20 years. 

Just now, Harrysgame said:

About time manager called out the players get them out of the club. Monk needs time to build his own team, might as well give him the chance as the old new manager repeat has not worked in 20 years. 

The keep a poo manager in his job routine hasn't worked in the past either. It's a r8 quandary. 

Yes we need a winning attitude in the dressing room Gray I agree but that gets sorted at the beginning of January or in the summer not February, we need to strengthen our midfield, end of..no he said she, said this is my dressing room whatever.. we could go down pending a deduction thats how serious things are right now, if they are refusing to play, call them out..if its a pride thing, swallow it

Just now, rickygoo said:

The keep a poo manager in his job routine hasn't worked in the past either. It's a r8 quandary. 

That's the thing, is he poo. Who else do we get and if so what when some players dont like them. Sack again?

All a bloody mess. Whatever it is DC  needs to do something  either sack some players and back Monk or back the lazy sods and ditch another manager, trouble is who would we get as toxic players would not be too attractive to work with.

Just now, Harrysgame said:

That's the thing, is he poo. Who else do we get and if so what when some players dont like them. Sack again?

All a bloody mess. Whatever it is DC  needs to do something  either sack some players and back Monk or back the lazy sods and ditch another manager, trouble is who would we get as toxic players would not be too attractive to work with.

A lot of the players are going anyway but if you think Monk is the man to build a team from scratch then we'll agree to differ.  And now they're all toxic are they not just the Terrible Twosome? Sometimes it needs for the manager to go. 

Wonder where Bully stands? He’s been mates with Hutch and Westwood a lot longer than he’s been around Monk. Is he trying to help the situation or is he staying out of it to protect his own position? Just another reason why Monk should have been allowed to bring in at least 1 new coach/assistant. Disappointed with Hutch as well, really thought more of him than that.

2 hours ago, Daz said:

Results gone against us, some deserved.

Have to stick together and fight. 

Lack of confidence makes results more difficult.

If I thought I couldn't help I wouldn't be here. 

Fans have been great and could have been much worse.

Something needs to change, aim is to get to the point where I can change things. Results not coming I know what a successful changing room looks like and we need to get results.

Don't sugar coat things for players or fans - shouldn't be in this business if you cant handle truth - should come out and prove me wrong.

Dressing room appears to be with me, feel they are listening but fragile due to lack of confidence and inability to snap themselves out of it. Needs mental toughness.

Hutchinson and Westwood - every player knows where they stand - not just playing skills but what makes a successful dressing room. 

Win will change everything - tried different things to get results but confidence will come from sticking together. We are good enough.

That bit worries me...the total lack of f.ookin' specifics..................

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Wonder where Bully stands? He’s been mates with Hutch and Westwood a lot longer than he’s been around Monk. Is he trying to help the situation or is he staying out of it to protect his own position? Just another reason why Monk should have been allowed to bring in at least 1 new coach/assistant. Disappointed with Hutch as well, really thought more of him than that.

Bullen being mates with the old guard is a massive problem imo. Monk should have been allowed to bring his own staff in and Bullen should have left. 

pathetic, feeble scapegoating rubbish. All down to two players who aren't in the team. Never heard such rubbish.  I feel sorry for him, but the idea that two exiled players are causing the demise of the club is rubbish. Their careers, and all footballers like to play, are effectively over, yet according to Monk, they are dragging the other players down. If anything it would have the opposite effect. The trouble for Monk is that no one plays as if they believe in him, that he has a future at the club and that he knows what he is doing. He is a broken man and needs to go. He talks about this poor period as if it were a half way house on the road to recovery. Its not, its a headlong rush towards the drop. When we go down players will have to go. Then they will suddenly become good players somewhere else under a coach they believe knows what he is doing.

Feeling sorry for the guy is different from seeing a man failing to cope. Can anybody give me any example of a team where two players got the team relegated when they were never in the team? Its nonsense.

A dressing room is full of personalities, some strong some weak, some sheep some wolves. The manager is paid to work with what he has got as well as evolve the team. Monk has failed. Good players have become bad. Moderate players have become terrible and he simply cannot get the best from them. As they lose value weekly, the false economy of getting him in on the cheap is beginning to show.

Bruce was a big personalty. Monk looks broken, the idea that he can motivate them...an idea he floats in the interview...even though he looks like he should be on suicide watch is laughable.  He needs to go otherwise we are dead and buried with him. Lets face it he looks burned out. He cant go anywhere else, who would touch him. He is jinxed.

Edited by swissmess

38 minutes ago, swissmess said:

pathetic, feeble scapegoating rubbish. All down to two players who aren't in the team. Never heard such rubbish.  I feel sorry for him, but the idea that two exiled players are causing the demise of the club is rubbish. Their careers, and all footballers like to play, are effectively over, yet according to Monk, they are dragging the other players down. If anything it would have the opposite effect. The trouble for Monk is that no one plays as if they believe in him, that he has a future at the club and that he knows what he is doing. He is a broken man and needs to go. He talks about this poor period as if it were a half way house on the road to recovery. Its not, its a headlong rush towards the drop. When we go down players will have to go. Then they will suddenly become good players somewhere else under a coach they believe knows what he is doing.

Feeling sorry for the guy is different from seeing a man failing to cope. Can anybody give me any example of a team where two players got the team relegated when they were never in the team? Its nonsense.

A dressing room is full of personalities, some strong some weak, some sheep some wolves. The manager is paid to work with what he has got as well as evolve the team. Monk has failed. Good players have become bad. Moderate players have become terrible and he simply cannot get the best from them. As they lose value weekly, the false economy of getting him in on the cheap is beginning to show.

Bruce was a big personalty. Monk looks broken, the idea that he can motivate them...an idea he floats in the interview...even though he looks like he should be on suicide watch is laughable.  He needs to go otherwise we are dead and buried with him. Lets face it he looks burned out. He cant go anywhere else, who would touch him. He is jinxed.

The manager is paid to work with what he has got. Arent the players oaid to work with the manager. Nob jockeys

2 hours ago, davey_wells said:

The worst thing is they're probably just telling it like it is - that we're playing absolute dire football and havent got a hope in hell of getting promotion like that.

We have no idea if this is it though. I would guess that a few players have been here too long and think they own the place. There are a few names I could add to Westwood and Hutch as likely part of the problem.