Second Worst record over last 5 years for...

On 03/02/2020 at 11:29, cowl said:

I honestly wish we were a selling club.

I rate Iorfa very highly, but nothing would've delighted me more than if a £20 million bid had come in for him and be accepted this window.

It's what normal clubs at this level do, and always have done.

Its about reinvesting. Selling is deflating when you see your stars leave but if you have confidence they'll be replaced with someone who has a good chance of equalling or bettering them then its easier to take as fans. 

Guest Ferkorf
On 02/02/2020 at 10:08, Justbeanz said:

We buy any player. com.

Just got an image of Sean Dyche with Jones and Boyd on a mucky old rope waiting to sell them off

49 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Just got an image of Sean Dyche with Jones and Boyd on a mucky old rope waiting to sell them off

I bet those 2 were on upto 30k a week unbelievably . love to see a full breakdown of players contracts , I bet there be eye popping . I know hooper was on 29k a week , but strangely  k lee was on half that when he was in his prime . reason we cant shift fessi and Rhodes is 35k and 40k a week there on 

Guest Ferkorf
4 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I bet those 2 were on upto 30k a week unbelievably . love to see a full breakdown of players contracts , I bet there be eye popping . I know hooper was on 29k a week , but strangely  k lee was on half that when he was in his prime . reason we cant shift fessi and Rhodes is 35k and 40k a week there on 

It absolutely sickens me even thinking about those wages, weekly wage aswell....

Some dont even get that in a year with overtime 

Just now, Ferkorf said:

It absolutely sickens me even thinking about those wages, weekly wage aswell....

Some dont even get that in a year with overtime 

and quite often they drove back to Lancashire in same car after training with u23s while 1st team played away on a Saturday . just unreal . and that's why things are so bad to watch now its the fallout from this craziness why we can do so little to change the squad . this summer when about 8-9 more leave don't expect established class players to arrive in place , it will be freebies like harris,moses etc with an odd loan. 

Guest Ferkorf
42 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

and quite often they drove back to Lancashire in same car after training with u23s while 1st team played away on a Saturday . just unreal . and that's why things are so bad to watch now its the fallout from this craziness why we can do so little to change the squad . this summer when about 8-9 more leave don't expect established class players to arrive in place , it will be freebies like harris,moses etc with an odd loan. 

I'd rather it be like that to be fair mate aslong as Chansiri has finally got his head screwed on and gets us from under this FFP cloud.

Time to stop the rot and rebuild sensibly

TL;DR - Have a plan and sell players at their highest value ffs. 

The recruitment strategy we employed was so short term - great if we could have got promoted in the first three years, but its become evident there was no medium or long term plan, or decisions have been made heart over head. 

We bought players in or close to their prime on the whole who would have little resale value. Those that did have resale value were held on to until they fell completely out of form or ran contracts down and out. The strategy has been the number 1 thing to blame. 

As others have said it looks like we are starting to change - Joao moving on, players brought in for less than the market value (Borner, Iorfa, Luongo). But it concerns me that we have brought in Wickham & Windass on loans I guess big loan fees, plus wages, when we probably aren't going to win the playoffs. See if the latest gamble pays off, but it stinks a bit like lessons not learnt, unless we are anticipating a points deduction and need to fight for points. 

Also, those that use the 'selling club' cliche need to give their head a shake. You sell when a player's value is high, ala Pogba, Ronaldo, Neymar, Hazard, Coutinho, and plan to use the money to improve. If any club is evidence of why you don't want to hang onto players for too long, look at Sheffield Wednesday. 

On 04/02/2020 at 11:37, Hack-Abusi said:

Taken from TransferMarkt and not included loan deals just permanent transfers;

14/15 – IN: Vermilj, Bus, Melo (£1.35m) / OUT: 0

15/16 – IN: Fessi, Hooper, Matias, Joao, Wiggins, McGugan, Sougou, Lachman, Wallace, Hunt, Bannan, Price, Turner,  (£13.797m) / OUT: May, Wiggins (£1.22m)

16/17 – IN: Reach, Abdi, Fox, Winnall, Sasso, Kean, Jones, Pudil, Fletcher, Thorniley, Emanuelson, (£9.81m) / OUT: 0

17/18 – IN: Rhodes, Van Aken, Pelupessy (£13.68m) / OUT: 0

18/19 – IN: Iorfa (??) / OUT: Hunt (£1.53m)

19/20 – IN: Luongo, Harris, Jones, Moses, Hidalgo, Borner, Da Cruz (£990k) / OUT: Joao (£4.86m)

TOTAL SPENT: £39,627,000

TOTAL RECOUPED: £7,610,000

TOTAL NET SPEND: -£32,017,000

Expansion of the above ..

Managerial net spend after player purchases and sales;

Carlos - -£37.41m

Jos - £1.08m

Bruce - £3.87m

Monk - £0.00

• Thanks 1