Iorfa

Guest Willow Owl

Guest Willow Owl
52 minutes ago, AndersonOWL said:

but why? he has been our best CB for last how many games

Not saying he has done anything wrong, he's been brilliant.Just looking at possibilties as we are lacking in central midfield (box to box ) and up until injuries a few weeks ago he was considered to be fourth or fifth choice centre back. 

Having watched him recently i was just thinking he could possibly fill that roll.

Guest Willow Owl
14 hours ago, daleblue said:

My Grandaughter is called Willow. 

And she's only 2.

Just throwing it out there. 

Yawn !!!!!!

She is obviously is more grown up than her grandfather. 

If you can't stick to the post without sadly failing at humour, then dont post at all.

Guest Willow Owl
11 hours ago, bazz123 said:

might be worth moving him up front to partner fletcher and put big dave in his place as a central defender! it was only a suggestion

Another failed comic.

Whats up with having an opinion ?

30 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Another failed comic.

Whats up with having an opinion ?

There's nothing up with having opinions. You just seem to object to us having one unless it agrees with yours.

You make a point, other people agree or disagree, I thought that was what Owlstalk was all about.

When he was playing well at right back parts of Owlstalk was saying "he's never been a central defender" 

Now he's playing well at Centre half parts of Owlstalk are again saying "he's never been a midfielder" 

Like someone else has said if we have Lees, Borner, Bates, Hutchinson, Thornily & Iorfa fit and are lightweight in midfield is not worth trying out. 

I have already been humoured at for suggesting playing him in there with Luongo and Lee / Bannan but that 3 in midfield gives us high energy aggression and skill. 

Now I'm not saying every game would suit him playing in midfield but you play different formations / tactics to suit the opposition surely. 

I was very against Iorfa being a CB and after seeing him play there in the first few games I thought I was right. However, I was wrong he has grown and become part of the back two which cant be dropped. If he continues to progress he can move up a division as a CB.

I'm not saying he cant play in midfield but I cant see us trying it.

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Yawn !!!!!!

She is obviously is more grown up than her grandfather. 

If you can't stick to the post without sadly failing at humour, then dont post at all.

Sadly it wasn't humour. 

I was making a genuine comparison between your post and a 2 year old. 

He's fine with the game in front of him and time to pick a pass. He's also great at running into space, or when defending, using his pace to recover from mistakes. Often when he's burst into that space he can't pick a pass though. Not many championship CB's can.

Space. He wouldn't get any of that in midfield and his control and vision would need to be so much better. Also, playing in midfield would nullify his main assets - his aerial strength and pace - as he would have less important headers to compete for and less need to sprint (midfield is more of a constant 75% jog with the odd 10 yard sprint, rather than the less jogging but more 20-30 yard recovery sprints you get at the back).

So basically playing midfield would minimise his strengths and maximise his weaknesses. I'm not saying he couldn't play centre mid, but he would most likely be League One or Two standard there. And at CB he's already top end of the Championship standard with the potential to progress beyond that.

If any of our three main CB's were to make a success of playing centre mid, it would be Borner, but again, I wouldn't recommend it. He's also fine where he is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
8 hours ago, prowl said:

There's nothing up with having opinions. You just seem to object to us having one unless it agrees with yours.

You make a point, other people agree or disagree, I thought that was what Owlstalk was all about.

I have no problem with people having opinions different to mine if they have a reasoned debate. You just tried to put down my post with sarcasm.

Why have you chosen someone else's post to make this comment and not to my reply to your previous post.

I wonder why ?

Guest Willow Owl
6 hours ago, daleblue said:

Sadly it wasn't humour. 

I was making a genuine comparison between your post and a 2 year old. 

Whats the matter, incapable of giving a reasoned answer without slating someones post.

Sad really, thought that's what forums were for.

You really are making yourself look foolish.

:blink:

2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Whats the matter, incapable of giving a reasoned answer without slating someones post.

Sad really, thought that's what forums were for.

You really are making yourself look foolish.

:blink:

Yep, your right, it is what forums are for, so I apologise for my lack of insensitivity.

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, daleblue said:

Yep, your right, it is what forums are for, so I apologise for my lack of insensitivity.

You just can't help yourself can you.

Still no reasoned answer to my original post, so this is my last reply to you.