Iorfa

Guest Willow Owl

Guest Willow Owl

Just throwing it out there. I think big Dom could do a job as a box to box midfielder a la big Carlton. Has the athleticism,  covers ground really quickly and can tackle. End product would need work though. 

Or here's an idea since he move to central defence we have been very tight and not conceded many goals and he has looked like the find of the year his performance there have definitely increase his value as a player and to the team as a whole - why not call him a central defender. 

Instead go out in January and buy a box to box midfielder, just an idea. :duntmatter:

Guest Willow Owl
13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Or here's an idea since he move to central defence we have been very tight and not conceded many goals and he has looked like the find of the year his performance there have definitely increase his value as a player and to the team as a whole - why not call him a central defender. 

Instead go out in January and buy a box to box midfielder, just an idea. :duntmatter:

Here's a better idea,

Borner and Lees were first choice centre halves before Lees got injured. Why spend money if we can utilise what we already have. No need to try and be a comedian. 

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Here's a better idea,

Borner and Lees were first choice centre halves before Lees got injured. Why spend money if we can utilise what we already have. No need to try and be a comedian. 

Since Lees has been out injured the central defence has looked more solid than it has for 4 or 5 years the last time I was that confident in the back two was when Looven and Lees were in their pomp.

Iorfa is the wake up call Lees needs as his levels have dropped in the last few years.

For me based on performance not the persons name, the first two names on the sheet at Centre back should be Iorfa and Borner  - Lees need to win his shirt back. This has been the problem with the team over the last few years players get picked based on their names instead of what should matter how they perform in the team.

Iorfa did great at full back but since moving to centre back has looked like a star in the making we would be stupid to try and make him into another player when he could be fixture for years to come if he keeps up the level of performance so far.

• Like 1

I'd prefer we stick with Iorfa and Börner at the back for now, but I wouldn't mind seeing Iorfa in a midfield role at some point.

He's got certain attributes that would undoubtedly be an asset in that position, although he doesn't strike me as being overly comfortable with the ball at his feet, so as much as I'm enthusiastic about seeing how he'd do in such a role, I also have reservations about whether it would really work.

In the meantime, he can perhaps audition his credentials by carrying the ball out of defence and past their midfield into an offensive position for us more; he's done it a few times to good effect (though also being caught out at least once too!). Centre backs that can do this can be a huge asset.

The best three central defenders we have are not necessarily in order Borner, Hutchinson, Iorfa. Lees is fine too. 

We are really really strong at centre back. We are rather less so in midfield and there are definite signs that Iorfa could flourish there. I'm not sure it's right but it's definitely interesting. 

As to buying a "box to box midfielder", well sure, that's a nice idea. To put this kindly, perhaps we might say that it is more an ambition than it is a plan. 

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Just throwing it out there. I think big Dom could do a job as a box to box midfielder a la big Carlton. Has the athleticism,  covers ground really quickly and can tackle. End product would need work though. 

My Grandaughter is called Willow. 

And she's only 2.

Just throwing it out there. 

Edited by daleblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

Maybe just what we are looking for,  find a second Carlton Palmer and were in business