Worksop v Weds 23s

A couple of thoughts from last night, Quite a few of likely candidates for this team were missing. Shaw Grant Brennan and Damba did not play. Also we know O'Brien had calf injury. I sincerely hope that 5 of lads are not already nursing knocks.

With regard the game Worksop have a reputation for being a tough solid team and it will have done lads good to play against such a team as this. Worksop were full of praise for Wednesday lads who by the sounds of it had best of the game and John O'Brien seemed encouraged by how well some of the young lads played.

30 minutes ago, Quist said:

A couple of thoughts from last night, Quite a few of likely candidates for this team were missing. Shaw Grant Brennan and Damba did not play. Also we know O'Brien had calf injury. I sincerely hope that 5 of lads are not already nursing knocks.

With regard the game Worksop have a reputation for being a tough solid team and it will have done lads good to play against such a team as this. Worksop were full of praise for Wednesday lads who by the sounds of it had best of the game and John O'Brien seemed encouraged by how well some of the young lads played.

As I said before, think that Brennan and Grant are with Irish U-19's.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Just seen the academy squad that took part in the friendly at Lincoln Most of the names I don’t recognise, how many of them are new signings, and how many have been promoted from the U16s 

Aside from 2'nd year academy lads that played only name I recognize was Luke Hall (7).

1 minute ago, malek said:

Aside from 2'nd year academy lads that played only name I recognize was Luke Hall (7).

Yeah me too, and presumably they weren’t trialists, or they would have been referred to as such, as they were in the Worksop game

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah me too, and presumably they weren’t trialists, or they would have been referred to as such, as they were in the Worksop game

I guess that you are right. Can't wait for club to announce list of new academy players and update player profiles.

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Just seen the academy squad that took part in the friendly at Lincoln Most of the names I don’t recognise, how many of them are new signings, and how many have been promoted from the U16s 

Where has the squad been published:?  Not seen it

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Believe it or not, it’s on the official site mate

Crikey just seen it.  That was the last place I thought it would be judging by previous coverage!  Judging by this it might be better coverage of the academy next season then.

I looked on the Lincoln site first because I thought there would be more chance of it being there!:tongue:

Edited by Etchesketch

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Paulo Aguas I recognise as he made a sub appearance for the U18's quite early last season.