Have we sold our ground

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

56 pages about the concept of flogging the ground - which seems fair enough to me. As opposed to 200 pages on buying Billy Sharp. 

Hmmm, if you look back through the 56 pages I reckon there will be less on the discussion of a concept than there is of those thinking they know what has happened and what will happen based on this coming to light.

8 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

All this criticism of DC for a rumour he’s sold the ground, the rumour is that at worst it’s within the Chansiri family so in effect is a accountancy trick to satisfy P&S.

MM on the other hand, praised several times in this thread, put  ground ownership at greater risk by taking 3rd party loans and putting the ground up as security when he told us there’d never be any 3rd party loans

Hypocrites 

A plague on all their houses frankly. Putting it it within the Chansiri family doesn’t remove the risk.

My problem is - like the Club 1867 nonsense and surely even Chansiri’s own mother would see that was ridiculous  - it’s a sign of plans gone to pot.

From not having to worry about FFP and its successor we’ve gone to crackpot schemes and flogging Hillsborough. 

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313

This really is a non issue, an accounting move to get us through FFP. The only way it would become an issue is if the holding company for the club and the one for the ground were no longer owned by the same person. Otherwise it’s still all on Chansiri.

So for it to become an issue we’d either have to sell the club while Chansiri maintains ownership of the ground, but that isn’t likely because who would want to buy a football club that has no ground... the sale would almost certainly be dependent on the sale of the ground back to the club as the buyer would make it contingent on it. The other way is if Chansiri decided to sell the ground whilst still owning the club.. in that case he’d have a club with no ground and would have to go to the expense of building a new one. Again, not going to happen.

Can’t comment further than that unless we get some detail released. I also don’t get how this gets us around FFP either.. because if you take it to it’s logical conclusion and reverse the situation, can an owner at championship level inject capital to a club and spend it on a ground or training ground? I’d have thought that if they did this it wouldn’t be considered for FFP purposes as it’s a one off capital investment which doesn’t affect the playing side. So why does it only work one way I.e. sales count as income but purchases don’t count as expenses. If that’s true, what’s to stop someone doing it every single season... could inject £30m cash into the football club, buy back the stadium (which wouldn’t matter for FFP) then re-sell it to another holding company for the same amount and book this as profit for FFP?

Whole thing is a farce, nobody knows what the rules are and can’t see how any of this helps with sustainablility

Guest Ash76
2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

A plague on all their houses frankly. Putting it it within the Chansiri family doesn’t remove the risk.

My problem is - like the Club 1867 nonsense and surely even Chansiri’s own mother would see that was ridiculous  - it’s a sign of plans gone to pot.

From not having to worry about FFP and its successor we’ve gone to crackpot schemes and flogging Hillsborough. 

Theres an argument for the risk being smaller than with external 3rd parties involved though.

We’ve always had to be aware of FFP, if this rumour is true then that’s is addressing it. I’m sure DC would have preferred we’d gone up by now though 

Anyway, just wanted to make the point. Luckily DC came in or no idea where we’d be now in terms of league status, ground ownership and club ownership with the path Milan had us on 

8 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

This really is a non issue, an accounting move to get us through FFP. The only way it would become an issue is if the holding company for the club and the one for the ground were no longer owned by the same person. Otherwise it’s still all on Chansiri.

So for it to become an issue we’d either have to sell the club while Chansiri maintains ownership of the ground, but that isn’t likely because who would want to buy a football club that has no ground... the sale would almost certainly be dependent on the sale of the ground back to the club as the buyer would make it contingent on it. The other way is if Chansiri decided to sell the ground whilst still owning the club.. in that case he’d have a club with no ground and would have to go to the expense of building a new one. Again, not going to happen.

Can’t comment further than that unless we get some detail released. I also don’t get how this gets us around FFP either.. because if you take it to it’s logical conclusion and reverse the situation, can an owner at championship level inject capital to a club and spend it on a ground or training ground? I’d have thought that if they did this it wouldn’t be considered for FFP purposes as it’s a one off capital investment which doesn’t affect the playing side. So why does it only work one way I.e. sales count as income but purchases don’t count as expenses. If that’s true, what’s to stop someone doing it every single season... could inject £30m cash into the football club, buy back the stadium (which wouldn’t matter for FFP) then re-sell it to another holding company for the same amount and book this as profit for FFP?

Whole thing is a farce, nobody knows what the rules are and can’t see how any of this helps with sustainablility

People do buy clubs that don’t own their own ground. 

Guest Ash76
2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Yeah mad as fizz wanting football to be priced sensibly. Much rather it be £200 per game, can tell people about how much of a super fan we are then when others don’t go anymore init.  

Jist give up the fags you do t smoke kid.  Stop drinking and save, stop paying the mortgage pal or your not a true fan lol 

Nah, not gunna bother, I know I can be a bit of a bell at times but you’re next level

I’m glad you’ve used the SB emoji it means I can reference your nose being of a similar state to his if this is how you are outside of the internet too 

Have a good day 

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

People do buy clubs that don’t own their own ground. 

Do you have examples? Maybe Coventry..   would still think it’s unlikely because if they do, then the new owners are left having to arrange to rent or build somewhere else. Think both parties would be aligned in wanting the same thing 

Guest mkowl
37 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

All this criticism of DC for a rumour he’s sold the ground, the rumour is that at worst it’s within the Chansiri family so in effect is a accountancy trick to satisfy P&S.

MM on the other hand, praised several times in this thread, put  ground ownership at greater risk by taking 3rd party loans and putting the ground up as security when he told us there’d never be any 3rd party loans

Hypocrites 

Can't argue with that view about the past 

Guest LondonOwl313
8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Yeah mad as fizz wanting football to be priced sensibly. Much rather it be £200 per game, can tell people about how much of a super fan we are then when others don’t go anymore init.  

Jist give up the fags you do t smoke kid.  Stop drinking and save, stop paying the mortgage pal or your not a true fan lol 

Not sure what your issue is with all these negs, if I could be arsed i could neg you more than you can neg me as it looks like you’ve posted hundreds of low quality posts and I rarely post here so...

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, 2roland2 said:

I don’t care on ups or down votes but when people follow me around then start doing it to every post I just oblige because your obv more bothered than me lol 

You started it dude

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Lol like I said it doesn’t bother me if I’m minus 100000000 or plus 22

i post what I think, but some posters on here like to just skim read and multi neg people. And if I see that happening to me or anyone else I just duly oblige. 

It seems to bother the ones who do this quite a lot which is cool. 

People who neg through disagreement are cool, you can disagree but there’s a bunch on here who just serial neg posters even when the post is agreeable. I just like to make sure a bit of fairness is reapplied that’s all garymegson

Think you’re the first person I’ve negged lol.. will stop anyway as really can’t be arsed doing it and only here to contribute decent points if I can

25 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Do you have examples? Maybe Coventry..   would still think it’s unlikely because if they do, then the new owners are left having to arrange to rent or build somewhere else. Think both parties would be aligned in wanting the same thing 

Leeds

7 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The club was in debt again - a huge amount in fact - to its owner. Maybe the ground sale has cleared that. 

We may not own our own ground anymore.

We’re paying just about the highest prices in the division for STs, membership and POTG.

We have surplus players we haven’t been able or been unwilling to shift.

We’ve had ridiculous schemes to try and raise cash. 

We finished mid table two seasons running.

The ground sale would be a sign of failure - in financial and football terms.

All hail Chansiri  - and the King of Thailand. 

Utter garbage!

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Leeds

Didn’t they sell to a third party though? This situation is selling to a new company owned by the same people as those that own the football club. If we ever sold to a third party I agree we’d have problems