Our Complete Lack Of Any Pace

So we have:

1. the wrong type of pace

2. pace but poor footballers

3. pace out of position 

4. not pace just a low centre of gravity

5. not raw pace 

6. not as quick as Helan, who was an abysmal footballer 

Perhaps the issue is that we don’t use our quick players enough, and we don’t use them in the right way.

Id bet you that FF, João and Matias would be a match for many in a foot race over 30 yards.

23 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Was on show again today . We are so slow all over the pitch . Watching Wimbledon last night playing with two fast wingers , breaking at pace , getting in behind a premier league teams defence with ease. So many times tonight the ball was played up to Fletch , who did well and held it up , but by the time any of our players caught up with play , Chelsea had everyone back behind the ball . Sadly , im not holding out much hope we will address this problem in this transfer window. 

This........

Has needed addressing for years now.

We do look slow, it's partly the players and partly the game plan.

We're no longer the quick counter attacking team of 3 years ago.

I went to watch Dingles v Rochdale on Saturday and although quality was patchy there was pace in the team especially out wide. It also struck me how they were constantly playing one touch passes, countering quickly and taking positive gambles going forward, scaring the poo out of defenders.

Not their best game by all accounts but I can see why most teams in their division are struggling to hold them.