Hooper

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Good God no!

I blame the wide base piece of the Hi-Tec in part with Hirsts collapsing arches. The weight of that mammoth tongue too I suspect probably caused ankle ligament damage alone.

No,  I've often thought the great man could have had an extended career if he'd only purchased a pair of Pantofola, the unquestionable sultans of the boot making art.

pantof-lazzarini-tongue-11.jpg

No screw ins?  Oh dear.

There used to be a French boot..’.Ours’ which were great leather, kangaroo skin or summat. They were always advertised in Football Monthly, one of my mates at school sent for a pair and rated them very highly as he scuttled off to display his skills on the slopes of....Concorde Park.;-)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Good God no!

I blame the wide base piece of the Hi-Tec in part with Hirsts collapsing arches. The weight of that mammoth tongue too I suspect probably caused ankle ligament damage alone.

No,  I've often thought the great man could have had an extended career if he'd only purchased a pair of Pantofola, the unquestionable sultans of the boot making art.

pantof-lazzarini-tongue-11.jpg

No screw ins?  Oh dear.

37 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Good lad Snoots...my boot of choice until I retired from the game aged 55. Still got them in a bag in the garage in case Southgate rings up. It was about 7 years ago that Clive our left back looked across our back four, of which I was part, and asked us all our ages....30 seconds later “ Fizz me,” says Clive, “ you do realise this back four is over 200years old!”

Time to hang up the Puma Kings I thought...mind you this was the heady heights of the Downderry Rovers veterans team:tango:

Downderry near Looe?

Have enough players to put out a vets team?

Aye, dragged em in from all o’er t’shop. They’re still playing in a Vets league now, but they’re all just turned 35 so to not my cuppa tea any more. Our striker was a black lad from Plymouth called Roger Bonaparte, absolutely shybo  hot player, we just used to smack it over the top and he’d run onto ‘em and score. Simples!

Edited by sternlad
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Had a decent pair of Patrick boots once..wonder what happened to them?

Oh I see, one of those devils were you!

Sat in the dressing room before the game filing those metal studs down to a deadly achillies raking forks of torture!

Oh yes, I remember the Patrick wearers!

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Sat in the dressing room before the game filing those metal studs down to a deadly achillies raking forks of torture!

Think they were made of kangaroo skin... I didn't jump any higher tho....

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I had to file the midweek mud off before I got to the metal.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I had to file the midweek mud off before I got to the metal.

Great shades of Elvis! 

Boot abuse is one of the great crimes.

Boots brushed, picked,  brushed, damped , papered dubbed and polished after every game!!

More young men should time caring for their boots and there'd be a lot less stress among young folks. 

Bit less time on Instaface and what not and a bit more time in a meditative state of cleaning and dubbing and they'd have far better mental health!