Honest Summary Up til 10pm

2 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

As others have said on here. All he needed to do was employ an experienced DOF on the payroll to recruit and manage the head coach and all the recruitment. Then no Doyen necessary and no questions of 3rd party motives or influence.

That was his one major fail that has lead to this all going south. 

Sadly, it seems he still doesn't believe he made poor choices, but rather was the victim of bad luck (damn stripes!)

Sorry for butting in but reading all of this from afar.

Strongly suspect the DOF figure we are discussing was supposed to be Glenn Roeder but a powerplay between Doyen/Carlos/Roeder saw an end to that model.

DC comes across as very naïve,out of his depth and most likely too emotionally attached to the situation.  His heart is in the right place but he doesn't have the tools to achieve the aim and got in with bad advisors.

A Nigel Clough type manager(not suggesting him to be clear) would probably been a better fit than CC.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ponym110 said:

Sorry for butting in but reading all of this from afar.

Strongly suspect the DOF figure we are discussing was supposed to be Glenn Roeder but a powerplay between Doyen/Carlos/Roeder saw an end to that model.

DC comes across as very naïve,out of his depth and most likely too emotionally attached to the situation.  His heart is in the right place but he doesn't have the tools to achieve the aim and got in with bad advisors.

A Nigel Clough type manager(not suggesting him to be clear) would probably been a better fit than CC.  

Yes, Glen Roeder was the man, a good appointment but unfortunately one of the first to fold. Unsure why he wasn't replaced, DC clearly thought it was a layer he didn't need. 

Thank you for the summary. To me it seems that DC is way too emotional about this business. It's good to have your heart and soul in the game where they belong, but you cannot start getting homesick in front of disappointed fans. From that you can easily tell that the countdown has begun. I don't know if it's a bad thing or not, impossible to say without knowing all the details.

Quite strange thing that one regarding Abdi though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

He has quite clearly cut and paste off my thread! Bleeding star. 

Have a word please!

lol

Edited by Mystic Neg
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

cracking updates @Mystic Neg , really appreciate that .. I bet it was hard at times having to listen to some of the stuff from both sides there ..

It was genuinely quite painful at times. Blokes continuously shouting at a screen in the Charlton Suite when the panel obviously couldn't hear them from downstairs was particularly difficult for me! 

Edited by Mystic Neg
  • Like 1