Question time...

1 minute ago, Anus said:

Bring him! 

I think we would have to rent a wing at the Hallamshire for our bolster wood player's! Abdi wouldn't be answering Roy's texts for training.

'Joey.....Joey, lad...I just want you to step into those tackle's a bit more.....good lad!'

keane.gif

I'd take Roy Keane tomorrow, we would at least have a little bit of fight about us and we'd know in about a week exactly whats going on within the club 

2 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Does anyone know of a manager that has or is capable of joining a club that sits at the bottom end of the championship during December and is capable of taking the club on a run up to the top end of the championship and make it over the line in to the premier league? If so and if available then why aren't we acting on it?

Yes but he won't be cheap and he will need full control over the playing staff, if the club pays a player he has to be allowed to play. he will need to keep all of his current players unless he decides he does not want them and a little money self generated from players sales may be need to strengthen the weakness at full back.

If these conditions are met I know just the man who can take our current squad of players, get the working as a unit, playing a system they know and give confidence to the back line to tighten up the defense. He will have us in the top 6 by the end of the season and will have the fans happy watching a team that give 120% every game and play for the fans not their pay cheques.

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

'd take Roy Keane tomorrow, we would at least have a little bit of fight about us and we'd know in about a week exactly whats going on within the club 

So would I buddy, I was just being flippant as I see no chance of it happening. I can't see Roy as a yes man in a club led and run as such a shambles, and I can't see DC putting the club before his ego.  

10 minutes ago, Anus said:

So would I buddy, I was just being flippant as I see no chance of it happening. I can't see Roy as a yes man in a club led and run as such a shambles, and I can't see DC putting the club before his ego.  

never going to happen is it Jos wont go unless he walks, there is no way DC will sack him 

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Didn’t Roy Keane do that once? 

Yeah I was going to say Roy Keane.

They were bottom when he arrived and he had them up to 11th by Christmas, brought a couple of players in and took them up automatically as champions.

Not sure he could ever manage it again though and he's assistant head coach/manager at Villa now isn't he?

It would be good to see Stuart Gray come back to sort our defence out, but whether he would want to come back as manager, or assisting Jos might prove a problem. I always thought that we might struggle to pay Jos off and get somebody else in without incurring the wrath of the EFL, which we do not want to do if there is even the most remote of chances that we can get some money and players in this January.

When does Jos's contract expire? We suspected that he had a rolling contract, but is it a year at a time or a season at a time? If Jos is going to be shown the door, then I suspect that it will be at the end of his tenure, or so close that the payoff small enough not to cause DC any further problems.

If so why not bring Stuart Gray in now and let him start remodelling the defence. Fulham certainly lost all their defensive nous when he left them in the summer.

My choice as manager would be him or Gary Megson, because they both have strong connections with the club and hopefully, both would settle for undramatic wages with huge incentives for getting us promoted, with cup revenue bonuses, or whatever?

The only problem is that I cannot imagine how Megson would get on with DC. If Megson took the post it would have to be with him as manager and co-ordinator of the club. He fell out with MM, because he get sticking his nose in, not providing funds and then bringing in players that Megson did not want, which all sounds a bit too familiar to the way DC likes to operate. If DC does not want to sell up just yet, or raise extra revenue by issuing shares, then other than selling players, the only way he can radically change anything would be by getting somebody in like Megson, to have more say over running the club.

Could you just imagine...

Megson and Chansiri arguing over being allowed to select Westwood.

Jesus Christ.

Imagine Roy Keane and Chansiri arguing over Westwood situation. Isn't going to happen ladies and gents, time to support Jos.

Edited by bigash_swfc

3 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I think they beat west ham to be fair.

Yes, they did in the Final,  according to Google. My mistake.

So from 19th in December 2003 to the Premiership, via the play offs.

He did  even better than I’d initially thought.

Edited by ReadingOwl