Onomah

Just bonkers some of you

we’ve been constantly moaning and begging for a player of his ilk for years, after constantly getting overran in midfield 

This guys strong, athletic, can carry the ball, is calm, looks for a forward pass and not just sideways (like our previous centre midfielders) set up joaos 2nd with a quick thinking through ball 

I don’t think some of you know what you want, or what makes a good footballer 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Bonkers, absolutely bonkers 

Not my opinion, but an independent site with objective ratings. https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288812/Live/England-Championship-2018-2019-Bristol-City-Sheffield-Wednesday

I view it from time to time when I think I’ve seen a different game to what others are posting/saying. I find we all have bias and see what we want to at times.

2B32E6AC-1C1B-4BE6-B24C-CF7326E975A5.png

For those interested in how subconscious bias and heuristics influence our conscious perception and decision making:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thinking,_Fast_and_Slow

I haven't read it as the writing is far too small - but it would explain how people in the same crowd can have such wildly different perceptions about players and games they've watched.  

For the record, I do think Onomah is showing great potential to say he's started 3 games for us, and looks to add a lot of physicality to our midfield.  We've also established that we can play a back 3 without needing a holding midfielder, with Pelupessy starting on bench and Onomah, Reach, Bannan and Penney combining OK. 

Good news is we have options, some of which are of African origin which has added a new dimension to our team in terms of power, pace and general average  dressing room ******* length.  

WELL DONE JOS.

32 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

For those interested in how subconscious bias and heuristics influence our conscious perception and decision making:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thinking,_Fast_and_Slow

I haven't read it as the writing is far too small - but it would explain how people in the same crowd can have such wildly different perceptions about players and games they've watched.  

For the record, I do think Onomah is showing great potential to say he's started 3 games for us, and looks to add a lot of physicality to our midfield.  We've also established that we can play a back 3 without needing a holding midfielder, with Pelupessy starting on bench and Onomah, Reach, Bannan and Penney combining OK. 

Good news is we have options, some of which are of African origin which has added a new dimension to our team in terms of power, pace and general average  dressing room ******* length.  

WELL DONE JOS.

I've long argued the first bit there. 

Our bias makes us look for negatives when otherwise we wouldn't even notice.

Ive read that book by the way, it's good but I didn't finish it cos there's alot in there to absorb. 

Edited by Beholder

I think it could be a big year for Onomah, and we're incredibly lucky to be the club that signed him for the season. 

For whatever reason, it last season at Villa it didn't quite work out as planned. He played plenty of games, but something just didn't click. A friend of mine is a Villa fan, he said that everyone could see that he had talent, but the form of the likes of Jedinak and Grealish were limiting him getting a settled run in the side in one position. He also said that he thought the number 10 role is where Onomah could be the most effective. 

This year, he'll be out to prove that he's ready to break into the first team at Spurs next season. That will be his only objective whilst he's with us, which is great because the only way that's going to happen is by him playing like a superstar and letting everyone know that he's a class above the Championship. 

Obviously there's a slight risk for him in the sense that both Bannan and Reach are putting in the performances in midfield that could once again limit the lad's game time. 

Here's hoping he has an incredible season, feels the love of the fans after scoring the winner in the playoff final against the pigs then scraps his long term plan with Spurs and signs for us.