IF, you could bring back any Wednesday player from the past into this squad....

there has been some outstanding replies to this question, nearly all of them mouthwatering but, as solid as lions was, as good a ball player as sheridan was, as effective as palmer's drive was, as skillful and mesmerizing as waddle was, hirsty (david) would have ripped this division a new one every week (except the two weeks around Christmas, when you could have found him in the bar at burntwood).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i think there's 'more effective' players (waddle and hirst) and i discounted dicanio over 'the baggage' he carried with him.

What baggage?  lol  Hirst and Waddle would be brilliant as well but I have never seen a more skillful and entertaining Wednesday player as Di Canio.  And he would get us promotion. Maybe lol 

1 hour ago, Watson said:

That's a good shout a very underrated player who was a massive presence on the pitch, never stopped running and very verbal.  Was no shrinking violet. 

Just imagine how much Palmer would cost in today's inflated market.

Just now, dnhc said:

but, i do, and because of that 'baggage' and his lack of goals in comparison to hirsty, i'm out, or rather he is.

Well I don't, I want to see him beat five players passes to FF who beats another five players then passes to Joao and from 30 yards bangs it in.  On the way back to the centre spot Di Canio pushes the ref over. 

Just now, Watson said:

Well I don't, I want to see him beat five players passes to FF who beats another five players then passes to Joao and from 30 yards bangs it in.  On the way back to the centre spot Di Canio pushes the ref over. 

in the meantime hirsty has scored a hat trick, and is rounding the keeper for his fourth.

6 minutes ago, dnhc said:

in the meantime hirsty has scored a hat trick, and is rounding the keeper for his fourth.

5 minutes ago, Watson said:

LOL you win 

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

and we've only been playing 15 minutes.

the only problem would be the ground would be full of scouts and managers wanting him for £70/80M, whilst barcelona and real would be there offering £6M with uefa and fifa busting a gut so they could land him.