IF, you could bring back any Wednesday player from the past into this squad....

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

just googled tommy craig images and picked this one …..

I can't understand why TC has a white T shirt on.

Btw I used to be an autograph hunter.

Colin Bell did but he wasn't happy.

The only other two were tony Currie and Malcolm Allison who flicked cigar ash into my book.

They weren't the only ones to sign FFS.

Edited by Costello 77
  • Haha 3

Given the number of strikers we have I'd not bother with a striker, e.g. Dooley, Hirst etc.

ita needs to be a Defender or may be winger given the lack of strength in the current squad.

in which case as others have suggested either Mr Michael Lyons, may be Des Walker and potentially a Peter Swan at his peak which unfortunately I suspect we never saw (I never saw him play, too young - don't get to say that many times these days!)

Wingers, well his holiness Chris Waddle, or may be Brian Marwood, Mark Chamberlain but probably not Willie Henderson.

Straight away I thought Waddle but then without Roland behind him what service would he get and how much defensive work would he have to do. Then I thought Sheridan is what we need someone to find the killer pass we need but without Carlton next to him who would win the ball and protect him. Then I thought David Hirst but without Sheridan and Waddle who would be able to find his darting runs. So after all that thinking the only player who could make a difference in our present team would have to be Carlton Palmer.

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Just people jumping on the bandwagon.

If it weren’t for Palmer I’m not sure Waddle and Sheridan could’ve played in the same midfield.

Played 18 times for his country, played in Europe (when it was actually difficult to qualify for Europe) and when you consider midfielders such as Joey Barton, Jake Livermore, David Dunn, Steve Guppy and David Bentley have all played for England it’s laughable that Palmer makes those lists.

Nigel Reo-Coker, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Kieran Richardson... 

8 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I can't understand why TC has a white T shirt on.

Btw I used to be an autograph hunter.

Colin Bell did but he wasn't happy.

The only other two were tony Currie and Malcolm Allison who flicked cigar ash into my book.

They weren't the only ones to sign FFS.

right character was big mal ……..the away kit was white with blue shorts back then ….. this was the 1st day of the season when we got relegated 69-70 

17 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

As the squad stands Carlton Palmer.

He did the work of 3 players, could play in midfield and central defence, would make us significantly harder to beat and would free up the likes of Bannan and Reach to focus solely on attacking.

Carlton Palmer was a top quality player.

Gotta be dobbin,  engine room...

We are weak  at right back for me bring in Rolad Nillson and we sort the issues and also have a good crosser of the ball when attacking, we don't have the flare on the wings, a chris waddle or a chris brunt for their delivery would be great. Our set plays seem too predictable and when was the last time we scored a free kick from 25 yards out.