IF, you could bring back any Wednesday player from the past into this squad....

On 06/09/2018 at 23:35, torryowl said:

anyone who can put colin bell on his arse will do for me …...

TCMC1969_zpsac55f921.jpg

What a player. Pity he was on the go in one of the worse Wednesday sides I have ever watched.

As the squad stands currently then for me it's Des Walker. The reason is simple, he was an awesome defender with rapid pace. This would allow the defensive line to push up the pitch which in turn helps the midfield to support the front players. Means we should be more of a front foot team. Make it happen DC :laugh:

Almost impossible to answer!!

Hirst, Waddle, Shez, Roland, Di Canio, Lyons, Warhurst, to name a few, but I’m going with Carlton Palmer....and I’m so glad that several other Owlstalkers have chosen him too because sometimes I think that he was underestimated, but clearly not.

I remember when he was left out of the England team and the French manager announced how relieved he, and all his players were at the decision.

Fantastic player , great character and leader, talked the talk and ,crucially, walked the walk.

( I’d give his book a wide berth though, it was atrocious... for Christ’s sake don’t tell him that I said that)

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

Almost impossible to answer!!

Hirst, Waddle, Shez, Roland, Di Canio, Lyons, Warhurst, to name a few, but I’m going with Carlton Palmer....and I’m so glad that several other Owlstalkers have chosen him too because sometimes I think that he was underestimated, but clearly not.

I remember when he was left out of the England team and the French manager announced how relieved he, and all his players were at the decision.

Fantastic player , great character and leader, talked the talk and ,crucially, walked the walk.

( I’d give his book a wide berth though, it was atrocious... for Christ’s sake don’t tell him that I said that)

I think Carlton Palmer would have the biggest impact on our current team so Palmer for me too.

On 06/09/2018 at 23:53, Costello 77 said:

I can't understand why TC has a white T shirt on.

Btw I used to be an autograph hunter.

Colin Bell did but he wasn't happy.

The only other two were tony Currie and Malcolm Allison who flicked cigar ash into my book.

They weren't the only ones to sign FFS.

If you are short of Prendergast and Paul Weller I'm your man!! 

They won't be originals but I can put "To my bestest mate in the world" and their names no one would no the difference .......