Jump to content
theowlsman

OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

 

Could be a reason he's free though.

Besiktas bought him for 900k in 2015, don't seem to have played him.

He went to various clubs on loan until they let him go in 2017.

AIK got him on a free Feb 2018 and now they're letting him go. 

True, can we afford to be picky? I bet we didnt even trial him or show an interest and that will be down to money in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

And the only club showing any real interest are Wigan. And that's probably a trial.

 

 

Beggars cant be choosers, and thats us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billyblack said:

True, can we afford to be picky? I bet we didnt even trial him or show an interest and that will be down to money in my opinion.

Is he better than Lees and Hector. I very much doubt it. 

Better than Thorniley and Pudil. Maybe?

 

But in our position we can't take risks on maybe can we. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Beggars cant be choosers, and thats us

see above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Just wasted 21 days too. Numpty

 

Bruce will be here then and wont care, he cant get lumbered about the transfers as he can just plead he wasnt here.

 

It might look like that on the surface but for all we know deals could have been negotiated pending us selling players first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Is he better than Lees and Hector. I very much doubt it. 

Better than Thorniley and Pudil. Maybe?

 

But in our position we can't take risks on maybe can we. 

100%.

 

We can't afford to sign someone who may or may not improve the team. We need to be 100% certain they do.

 

Besides, we need a LB, RB and CM before a CB and I doubt we have money for 4 new players.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mogbad said:

 

It might look like that on the surface but for all we know deals could have been negotiated pending us selling players first.

Could have, depends on your level of optimism based on past experience. Im leaning towards it hasnt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why should we be desperate for a freebie centre-half that hardly played for 4yrs? Quite happy with Lees & Hector paired for the rest of the season, then address in summer. We have other priorities at the moment. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

100%.

 

We can't afford to sign someone who may or may not improve the team. We need to be 100% certain they do.

 

Besides, we need a LB, RB and CM before a CB and I doubt we have money for 4 new players.

He was free. Offer him a one year contract, lees has hardly been pulling up trees has he

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Why should we be desperate for a freebie centre-half that hardly played for 4yrs? Quite happy with Lees & Hector paired for the rest of the season, then address in summer. We have other priorities at the moment. 

People seem desperate to keep Hutch and Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Why should we be desperate for a freebie centre-half that hardly played for 4yrs? Quite happy with Lees & Hector paired for the rest of the season, then address in summer. We have other priorities at the moment. 

Agreed we have other priorities, unbelievably the club think its a striker if you believe the reports. Point is, i dont think any of those priorities are available on a free now are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wigan can have him, pointless bringing players in during this window on a wing and a prayer were not going anywhere this season 

 

If he was any good he wouldn’t be up for a free transfer in January 

 

Personally last thing I want to see is an influx of more players until we’ve moved some out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

People seem desperate to keep Hutch and Lee

 

So we should rush out and sign another unreliable? I think most acknowledge Lee's time here is coming to an end, and Hutch continues to contribute whilst contracted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Royal_D said:

Wigan can have him, pointless bringing players in during this window on a wing and a prayer were not going anywhere this season 

 

If he was any good he wouldn’t be up for a free transfer in January 

 

Personally last thing I want to see is an influx of more players until we’ve moved some out 

A lot of players abroad have contracts that finish end of December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wilyfox said:

 

So we should rush out and sign another unreliable? I think most acknowledge Lee's time here is coming to an end, and Hutch continues to contribute whilst contracted. 

Why is he unreliable? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Agreed we have other priorities, unbelievably the club think its a striker if you believe the reports. Point is, i dont think any of those priorities are available on a free now are they?

 

Unbelievably ?   Really find it hard to believe we need a striker ?  Would have been 4-0 on Saturday if we’d got a decent striker up top 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, billyblack said:

A lot of players abroad have contracts that finish end of December.

 

Nice one, let some other club take a chance on them we’ve got enough dead wood 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

 

Unbelievably ?   Really find it hard to believe we need a striker ?  Would have been 4-0 on Saturday if we’d got a decent striker up top 

Yes, unbelievably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pudil

Thornily

Hutchinson

lee

hector

ALL can play centre half adequately...We need a pacy winger who can cross...Feed Fletcher..even Nuhiu....maybe Rhodes....

If its not a "Proven" centre half..Why f.ookin' bother?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

 

Nice one, let some other club take a chance on them we’ve got enough dead wood 

They must all be poo then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...