OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

17 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Never understood the hatred for Ashley Cole. The only genuine world class player England have produced in 20 years and he gets all kinds of abuse.

I swear it was something to do with him cheating on that Geordie scrubber, newspapers went to town and everyone else jumped on board, he was a brilliant footballer.  Same as John Terry, shagged his teammates (not forced to be mate) ex girlfriend (not wife) and everyone hates him.  Mad really, all football fans are saints, must be right?

Edited by Pilky
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

They’re a strange model, they get all their youngsters from other academies, Mepham I think was with Chelsea. They don’t develop their own. Their reserve side doesn’t even play in a league, playing mostly friendlies overseas

I remember reading somewhere to make an academy cost effective you need to be developing and selling players regularly, otherwise they're a bit of a money pit.  Cant find the article anywhere now though, didnt Huddersfield recently lose theirs?

40 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Championship side Brentford have accepted a £12m offer from Bournemouth for Wales international Chris Mepham. 

The Cherries were close to signing the 21-year-old defender last week and he is set to undergo a medical on Tuesday.

That is how you run a club. 

DC take note. 

13 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Tosin Adarabioyo could be recalled by Man City after West Brom signed Holgate. Think we were linked with him in the summer. RB or CB.

I thought he would have been a decent signing for us back then, but he hasn’t been particularly impressive for West Brom

14 minutes ago, bradowl said:

So if someone comes in offering £12M for Morgan Fox we should accept? :duntmatter: lol

If someone offer £100,000 for fox we should accept then Penney will be able to be first choice left back and develop into a decent championship quality fullback. Isn't Fox out of contract in the summer too or does he have another year with us?

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Championship side Brentford have accepted a £12m offer from Bournemouth for Wales international Chris Mepham. 

The Cherries were close to signing the 21-year-old defender last week and he is set to undergo a medical on Tuesday.

Bloody hell 12 million. Wish we would produce some youngsters that we could sell for that much. 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

If ever you wanted to know the benefit of youth players look at Brentford find good young players and cherry pick the lower league develop them then sell on for good fees. I bet they have no issues with FFP and under dean Smith looked like a team on the up, with a new stadium on the way as well. This season has been poor but still attracting bid bids for their players.

Cherry pick. I see what you did there. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Im actually not that suprised, over the last few windows, we tend to do the majority of our business, if any, at the last minute. 

This.

I'd assume given our FFP/P&S situation that any incoming transfers or loans are dependant on outgoing transfers.  Likewise clubs that are interested in our players may also be trying to offload players before committing to transfer fees & wages on incoming players.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’d have thought we’d at least have moved a few youngsters out. We have had a pretty successful U23 group in recent years, and, if Jos were to be believed, many of the group were ready for championship football He was probably wrong about that, but you’d have thought they would have been of interest to lower league clubs For example, do we really need 5 professional keepers kicking around the place?

Apparently Donny are crying out for a keeper, why aren't we on to them waxing lyrical about Wildsmith ?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Apparently Donny are crying out for a keeper, why aren't we on to them waxing lyrical about Wildsmith ?!

Perhaps Bruce doesn't want anyone going out until he's had the chance to assess everyone.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Pilky said:

I swear it was something to do with him cheating on that Geordie scrubber, newspapers went to town and everyone else jumped on board, he was a brilliant footballer.  Same as John Terry, shagged his teammates (not forced to be mate) ex girlfriend (not wife) and everyone hates him.  Mad really, all football fans are saints, must be right?

Geordie scrubber. :goalie:

On 09/01/2019 at 13:49, pazowl55 said:

All I can say is if we are selling Reach and Forestieri and replacing them with Gary Makay-Steven and C J Hamilton get ready to see grown men cry.

I said the same when we missed Keegan from Scunthorpe and Rush from Chester after they'd rung rings round us on pitch.