OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest LittleG
19 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Pudil wont be here next season, hector probably wont be either, hutch will probably be injured again

Then we will address this issue at the end of the season. As others have stated there are other positions that should be taking priority 

16 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He's been shocking value.

Yep, but it could be suggested that Aston Villa as a whole have been well under par this season.

Good news for us is that it appears Bruce wasn't the source of all their problems as they suggested...Dean Smiths ppg now equal to that of Bruce when he left, makes you think. :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that DC is waiting for the new manager to look over the squad before anybody comes or goes?

Asking for a friend. :ph34r:

You would have thought Steve and the other Steve were keeping...errrr..Steve informed.....

Steve and Steve pass on the information to Steve...and Steve gives feedback to Steve and Steve...

Steve and Steve then act upon the feedback given by Steve..Then Steve looks at the result of the feedback Steve and Steve have given to Steve...

Theres no point overcomplicating it..........................

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

You would have thought Steve and the other Steve were keeping...errrr..Steve informed.....

Steve and Steve pass on the information to Steve...and Steve gives feedback to Steve and Steve...

Steve and Steve then act upon the feedback given by Steve..Then Steve looks at the result of the feedback Steve and Steve have given to Steve...

Theres no point overcomplicating it..........................

Do you think Steve has the final say then ?

lol

• Haha 1

On 17/01/2019 at 20:04, gurujuan said:

Would you say Bruce was the best choice of coach to see us through this period of austerity? I’m not sure he would have been my choice, all things considered. Mainly the cost, but also the fact that he has always had a decent budget, even though he often manages to balance the books further down the line. With the right tools, he’s proven he can get the job done, but this will test his coaching skills.

We are where we are of course, and as painful as it will be, having to sell our better players, it needs to be done. I do think, if we can use the loan market wisely, we can put a decent squad together That’s where Bruce can come to the fore, if nothing else, he has many good contacts

Wasn't my first choice to be honest - i'm the same, i think he needs money, but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as he does have a cracking record at this level

i just hope he has it in his locker to deal to be able to manage in the situation that we now find ourselves in (shambolic!)

22 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that DC is waiting for the new manager to look over the squad before anybody comes or goes?

Asking for a friend. :ph34r:

Well if that is the case we won’t be doing any business until the next transfer window opens because by the time Bruce comes in the current window will have ended. 

Just now, Hookowl said:

Do you think Steve has the final say then ?

lol

Well yea Hooksy...I mean If Steve an' Steve give Steve the  info...Surely Steve would want to check what Steve an' Steve had done..Lets be straight...Its mainly Steve who's in charge of Steve an' Steve..Steve hardly comes into it...even less so ..err..Steve..Mainly its Steve...

Say for instance Steve spots a centre half...Who for the sake of simplifying the whole thing is called   "Steve"

Steve says to Steve 

"Have you watched Steve, Steve?"

Steve says "Yes Steve , I watched Steve Steve have you told Steve about Steve...Steve?"

Steve says "Not yet Steve ..I thought iwould ask you what you thought about  Steve , Steve before tellin' Steve...Steve"

Steve replies..."Well Steve maybe we should tell Steve about Steve then Steve"

Steve says.."Do you want to tell Steve about Steve ..Steve..Or do you want me to tell Steve about Steve ..Steve?

Steve says..."It hardly matters Steve...What was his name again?"

Steve "Who Steve?"

Steve.."THe centre half!! Steve!!!

Steve........................"F ooked if I can remember Steve.........................

• Haha 3

Well yea Hooksy...I mean If Steve an' Steve give Steve the  info...Surely Steve would want to check what Steve an' Steve had done..Lets be straight...Its mainly Steve who's in charge of Steve an' Steve..Steve hardly comes into it...even less so ..err..Steve..Mainly its Steve...

Say for instance Steve spots a centre half...Who for the sake of simplifying the whole thing is called   "Steve"

Steve says to Steve 

"Have you watched Steve, Steve?"

Steve says "Yes Steve , I watched Steve Steve have you told Steve about Steve...Steve?"

Steve says "Not yet Steve ..I thought iwould ask you what you thought about  Steve , Steve before tellin' Steve...Steve"

Steve replies..."Well Steve maybe we should tell Steve about Steve then Steve"

Steve says.."Do you want to tell Steve about Steve ..Steve..Or do you want me to tell Steve about Steve ..Steve?

Steve says..."It hardly matters Steve...What was his name again?"

Steve "Who Steve?"

Steve.."THe centre half!! Steve!!!

Steve........................"F ooked if I can remember Steve.........................

So if Steve and Steve wanted to sign Steve from Stevenage, they'd have to get permission from Steve, before approaching Steve so as not to step on Steve's toes ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

So if Steve and Steve wanted to sign Steve from Stevenage, they'd have to get permission from Steve, before approaching Steve so as not to step on Steve's toes ?

Never thought of Stevenage.....Its sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy now mate....

Steve , Steve an' Steve take the Owls to Stevenage.....Line up

Steve

Steve                  Steve.......................Steve                    Steve

Steve                   Steve                     Steve                        Steve

Abdi                             Steve

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Never understood the hatred for Ashley Cole. The only genuine world class player England have produced in 20 years and he gets all kinds of abuse.

Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand, Scholes probably all have a case aswell.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Never thought of Stevenage.....Its sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy now mate....

Steve , Steve an' Steve take the Owls to Stevenage.....Line up

Steve

Steve                  Steve.......................Steve                    Steve

Steve                   Steve                     Steve                        Steve

Abdi                             Steve

You know the sad thing about that line up?

The only unlikely event is Abdi in the side lol

• Haha 1

You know the sad thing about that line up?

The only unlikely event is Abdi in the side lol

There's always deed poll ................................................could change is name to Steve Abdi ?

21 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Well if that is the case we won’t be doing any business until the next transfer window opens because by the time Bruce comes in the current window will have ended. 

Exactly. By which time SB will have had quite a few games in charge, assessed the squad first hand & DC will have all the ST money in. Making the job of getting rid & getting in a lot easier ready for pre season.