Embargo lifted but not allowed to spend money?

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

The wages of the 'star' players will already be factored in to the Financial Plan. This means we can keep the players if they renew their current contracts, or even allow for a small increase in wages.

Same as factoring in (or out) the wages of some high earners who literally contribute nothing as playing staff. Take your pick from the magnificent 11 out of contract next year.

3 minutes ago, Mr Soul said:

Im aware of that figure over 3 years however is there an official statement from the club saying ..yes we can spend x amount on anything?

They will never say that.

The only way we will know something is if we sign any loan players in the next 2 weeks. 

If we dont then we know there is likely to be no money.

However, Jos did say in the summer that we will be looking for loan players.  This was during the embargo that was not common knowledge at the time. So I assume he was told in April we were under an embargo and that once it is lifted we can get a few loan players.

4 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

They will never say that.

The only way we will know something is if we sign any loan players in the next 2 weeks. 

If we dont then we know there is likely to be no money.

However, Jos did say in the summer that we will be looking for loan players.  This was during the embargo that was not common knowledge at the time. So I assume he was told in April we were under an embargo and that once it is lifted we can get a few loan players.

Thanks

Yeah I guess you're right. They won't tell the fans (or the football world)

I would embrace more transparency though and to a point expect it, given that DC has asked us to trust him.

I actually do trust him more now than when he appeared from nowhere but to trust someone it helps to have some disclosure.

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Loving how getting us into a financial mess has now become praise for working with the EFL to stay within P&S.

The brickbats and praise are not coming from the same people.  The 'elite' are still using every opportunity to undermine the Chairman.

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

I used to think you have a bit of knowledge about the inner workings of the club.  However, if we get to the end of the loan window with the squad intact.  I'm going have to put you in the file named Nixon.

We all have access to the same sources of information. Some have additional ways of delving a little deeper into things behind the scenes. How we chose to syphon all the available information is a personnel choice. I've a pal that thinks the holocaust was made up just because its too terrible to believe it could have happened. Whereas me, from a grandparent that was one of only 200 ish to escape Auschwitz, I look far too deep into it. The same pal refuses to believe we've done anything wrong regards FFP and believes TUF have dumped a shed load of money on the EFL doorstep and now we're back to same place as was in 2015. Unbelievably, at Sunderland he was expressing his views and dozens around us agreed with him over my far less dreamy slant on it. From reading and listening to all the information on here, local press and other media sources, talking to a couple of people that are or get ' inside' swfc, and using my judgement, I think we'll lose players of a better calibre than what we bring in. Now I accept that could be for the better in the long run. Both on and off the field. We just don't know.

PS, Nixon blocked me years ago. 

• Like 1