Mr Chansiri

13 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

We haven't had a chairman willing to spend a lot of money on us in a very long time. Mr Chansiri has done that in spades. 

If FFP wasn't an issue we'd all be cracking one off at the thought of playing Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. Either that or we'd be singing top players for another push at promotion. Maybe even linking up with Mendes like Wolves did. 

He's made some mistakes commercially and with recruitments but you can't question his commitment. 

We are where we are and will have to deal with it till the books are balanced 

Agreed but it’s not supporters who should be balancing the books for chairman’s bad decisions whether they were made for the right reasons or not. 

33 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I agree - but it’s incredible how hindsight has switched many opinions on here. At the time I was crazy for us to sign Kyle Bartley but instead we got Rhodes.

at that time few people were saying but we need to strengthen here or there.... instead he was going to fire us to promotion. Now if seasoned fans thought that, why wouldn’t an inexperienced chairman? His mistake, but he at least tried. 

Now im still of opinion we could sell our assets and scrape by, drop prices and we’d still have people moan, criticize etc. he literally can’t win. 

Im excited to see how we get on this season. I think it could still be a good one. 

Mostly agree but if he knew he was inexperienced and basically didn’t know much on the football side then splashing £8-10m on one player wasn’t a very good idea but again who knows who’s idea it was. And Indo agree that at least he was willing to spend to try and get us up so can’t complain at the sentiment. The part about prices I do disagree with though, yes people will always moan regardless but that doesn’t excuse the frankly insulting prices we are being asked or made to pay now which is supposedly down to the chairman’s mistakes. To be honest I still think we’d be getting ripped off regardless of FFP. If we’re challenging for promotion it’s “this is what it takes to get us there, fans have to do their bit”, if we’re struggling and skint it’s “fans have to do their bit and pay more”. What was the daft survey about? We were supposed to go along with the high prices so that we can continue investing heavily in the team weren’t we? Clearly we can’t do that at the moment so why still the ridiculous increases? 

• Thanks 1

He's got a lot of things wrong.

If he has the patience, it is well capable of being turned round. 

I would sooner have him than the idiots who had the club in the 90s and squandered a position of strength. 

Or the ones who failed to support Wilkinson in the mid 80s.

Or frankly Mandaric, who was a good owner in many ways (and more competent) but was clearly unwilling to invest more. 

Or for that matter someone who need not be named.

I would prefer someone with a better feel for football, an ability to resist micromanaging, someone open to advice, commercially astute, and with deep pockets.

That may not immediately be on the cards

• Like 1

The thing that frustrates me a lot and I may be wrong about this but we still seem unable to source money from areas other than gate receipts. The kits and club shop are a shambles and that's  just basics of a football club, sponsorship deals seem non existent. The corporate packages priced everyone out. We are a club with 16-20k core support and  10-15k floating support. In a reasonable sized if not affluent city yet chansiri seems unable to take advantage of this other than putting his name and money in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avon barksdale said:

The thing that frustrates me a lot and I may be wrong about this but we still seem unable to source money from areas other than gate receipts. The kits and club shop are a shambles and that's  just basics of a football club, sponsorship deals seem non existent. The corporate packages priced everyone out. We are a club with 16-20k core support and  10-15k floating support. In a reasonable sized if not affluent city yet chansiri seems unable to take advantage of this other than putting his name and money in.

For such a successful businessman, it's bizarre isnt it ?

23 minutes ago, Owlin' Wolf said:

Agreed but it’s not supporters who should be balancing the books for chairman’s bad decisions whether they were made for the right reasons or not. 

Mostly agree but if he knew he was inexperienced and basically didn’t know much on the football side then splashing £8-10m on one player wasn’t a very good idea but again who knows who’s idea it was. And Indo agree that at least he was willing to spend to try and get us up so can’t complain at the sentiment. The part about prices I do disagree with though, yes people will always moan regardless but that doesn’t excuse the frankly insulting prices we are being asked or made to pay now which is supposedly down to the chairman’s mistakes. To be honest I still think we’d be getting ripped off regardless of FFP. If we’re challenging for promotion it’s “this is what it takes to get us there, fans have to do their bit”, if we’re struggling and skint it’s “fans have to do their bit and pay more”. What was the daft survey about? We were supposed to go along with the high prices so that we can continue investing heavily in the team weren’t we? Clearly we can’t do that at the moment so why still the ridiculous increases? 

As I see it we are continuing at same investment level, that is maximum. Maximum m investment is losses no greater than 39m over three seasons. We are still on course for that. 

I just posted sited in another thread, we could in theory clear books by selling Fessi, Bannan, Westwood, Hooper, Jaoa and Reach while still having a squad capable of surviving in this league. Would people prefer that and a return to Milan prices; or would we be having a meltdown, the likes of which we’ve never seen before! 

Im not saying either way is correct or my preferred option, but he hasn’t as far as I can see detracted from full investment and yet the criticism here in general is borderline ungrateful if you ask me.

2 hours ago, BIG D said:

I can only remember one person on here who didn’t want Rhodes and that was Gurujuan and fair play he called it right.

I can also remember one who was right behind Geoff Sheards bid to gain control but he doesn’t like to talk about it.

:Chansiri:

Think people would forgive the club for a mistake like Rhodes in the transfer market if it wasnt one of many.

In last 2.1/2 years would say only Adam Reach been a good buy and it took him a while to get going as well.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Think people would forgive the club for a mistake like Rhodes in the transfer market if it wasnt one of many.

In last 2.1/2 years would say only Adam Reach been a good buy and it took him a while to get going as well.

Winall bought for 500k probably worth 3-5m conservatively? 

Pessy only worth 350k?? 

Not it sure I agree with you here as the two above seen good business to me. 

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Exactly.

One of a long list of bad buys, whilst at the same time ignoring glaring holes in the squad.