Mr Chansiri

Mr Chansiri really has to take the blame for the predicament that we’re in at the moment. Whether we’re under a transfer embargo or not, it’s plain to see that, for whatever reason, that we can’t bring anyone in. Over the last few years he has ploughed in millions BUT the vast majority has been wasted on players that are either no better than we had or in the wrong positions. We had one of the strongest forward lines in the country, so he bought Rhodes when we really didn’t need him. Even if he had been a success he should have offloaded some of the others. Anyone could see we needed defenders and the eight million that Rhodes cost could surely have sorted the defence out. I don’t know who’s advising Chansiri on who to buy or for what positions BUT they have really f@kked us big time. 

Edited by cain
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Not sure why we need to find anyone to blame tbh

And let’s be honest, his intention was clearly to try and get us up...and he came damn close.

Didnt work and now we have to reset

Exactly and stick together. 

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Not sure why we need to find anyone to blame tbh

And let’s be honest, his intention was clearly to try and get us up...and he came damn close.

Didnt work and now we have to reset

agreed. He has spent a lot of money on swfc. OK it could have worked out much better. He still got plenty in the bank. Hopefully he willing to start again and learn from whats happened. If Rhodes has a good season at norwich we could still make a profit on him. 8 million is nothing now for a striker.

What I don’t get is how any fan / supporter that’s followed us over more than last three years can be so entitled? I mean we’ve been through far darker periods than this even in last 5-10 years. 

Unless i’m Mistaken here, and I may be: 

- GK: possibly best keeper in the league on our books, two solid championship level young keepers who you’d not be upset if they played. 

CB: Tom Lees as skipper, who we’ve battled to keep over the seasons fighting off interest from better clubs, Pudil; international standard player, getting on but been there and done it at this level. JvA, huge potential, giant who can play a bit and pick out a pass. If he could defend like Lees we wouldn’t be signing him a premiership team would. Three younguns coming through one of which already looks capable, Hutch & Fox in back up so I make that 8 into 3. 

WB: if we play wing backs, I personally feel we’ll be more 343, but similar players used: Boyd and Reach both with insane engines, both capable of playing either side. Palmer, looked decent against la liga team and got a goal, will get better as he plays more consistently, Baker, looks promising, Penney; no idea why we don’t see more of our supposed best youth prospect, Fox, Pudil, Hutch, Lee all capable of playing there too... 

CM: Bannan: too good for championship football, Lee: as bannan, Pessy, Bargain player, solid and reliable, Hutch, only capable of playing 15 games a season luckily we have an army of CM’s, Jones: promoted 3 times yet ‘not good enough??’ Abdi (auto correct makes abdicated) kind of correct, Reach that’s 7 into 2/3

Forwards: An embarrassment of riches here, when you have to debate who your seventh best forward is and that includes an international giant that can be dangerous against any defense; the leagues all time best scorer, a player who scored more goals in calendar year than any other at point of signing... 

This is potentially the best group of players we’ve ever had at this level, and whilst recruitment has been questionable I still believe we could sell the hits such as hooper, jaoa, fessi etc and more than recover costs of misses. 

Lets get behind them!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

What I don’t get is how any fan / supporter that’s followed us over more than last three years can be so entitled? I mean we’ve been through far darker periods than this even in last 5-10 years. 

Unless i’m Mistaken here, and I may be: 

- GK: possibly best keeper in the league on our books, two solid championship level young keepers who you’d not be upset if they played. 

CB: Tom Lees as skipper, who we’ve battled to keep over the seasons fighting off interest from better clubs, Pudil; international standard player, getting on but been there and done it at this level. JvA, huge potential, giant who can play a bit and pick out a pass. If he could defend like Lees we wouldn’t be signing him a premiership team would. Three younguns coming through one of which already looks capable, Hutch & Fox in back up so I make that 8 into 3. 

WB: if we play wing backs, I personally feel we’ll be more 343, but similar players used: Boyd and Reach both with insane engines, both capable of playing either side. Palmer, looked decent against la liga team and got a goal, will get better as he plays more consistently, Baker, looks promising, Penney; no idea why we don’t see more of our supposed best youth prospect, Fox, Pudil, Hutch, Lee all capable of playing there too... 

CM: Bannan: too good for championship football, Lee: as bannan, Pessy, Bargain player, solid and reliable, Hutch, only capable of playing 15 games a season luckily we have an army of CM’s, Jones: promoted 3 times yet ‘not good enough??’ Abdi (auto correct makes abdicated) kind of correct, Reach that’s 7 into 2/3

Forwards: An embarrassment of riches here, when you have to debate who your seventh best forward is and that includes an international giant that can be dangerous against any defense; the leagues all time best scorer, a player who scored more goals in calendar year than any other at point of signing... 

This is potentially the best group of players we’ve ever had at this level, and whilst recruitment has been questionable I still believe we could sell the hits such as hooper, jaoa, fessi etc and more than recover costs of misses. 

Lets get behind them!! 

Careful mate

06C4063E-39AE-4EB7-9A0C-85A54C0F02C0.jpeg.23da32bd0c0c3d6fe810bf9aee3eca9f.jpeg

• Haha 1

Having watched Wednesday since the early seventies I agree, I have seen much worse problems then we are seeing now but the past is irrelevant really. Mr Chansiri has come closer than most in getting us back to the promised land and it’s been a great few years but he hasn’t got to be as successful as he is in business by listening to bad advice, which must be what he’s done at Hillsborough. I agree hindsight is a great gift and I for one was excited when we signed Rhodes but it’s been clear for the last few seasons that the defence isn’t good enough. He must have known that we were sailing close to the limit with the finances so why not strengthen the areas needed first? I still feel we have probably the strongest forward line in the league and there’s no problem with the midfield (except for the obvious few) BUT the defence was far too weak last season and all we have done is let Loovens and Hunt leave knowing full well that we can’t replace them....Whichever way you look at it, that makes no sense at all

3 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

“Behind them”, and “Behind him” are two completely different things.

i will always back the team 100%.

i have no time for “Mr Chairman”

Completely agree. We may have been to Wembley since he took over but the way some worship him is a joke. I'll continue to purchase the merchandise and match day tickets because it's my club and has been for 30 years doesn't mean we have to back the chairman.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cain said:

Mr Chansiri really has to take the blame for the predicament that we’re in at the moment. Whether we’re under a transfer embargo or not, it’s plain to see that, for whatever reason, that we can’t bring anyone in. Over the last few years he has ploughed in millions BUT the vast majority has been wasted on players that are either no better than we had or in the wrong positions. We had one of the strongest forward lines in the country, so he bought Rhodes when we really didn’t need him. Even if he had been a success he should have offloaded some of the others. Anyone could see we needed defenders and the eight million that Rhodes cost could surely have sorted the defence out. I don’t know who’s advising Chansiri on who to buy or for what positions BUT they have really f@kked us big time. 

He shook the five splashed out and tried his best to find promotion,we all cheered ,it failed and we are now stuck with a FFP that is bent in favour of demoted Premier Teams and is in desperate need of an overhaul

His intentions were clear - the first chairman for a very long time who has given it a real go 

(think he has been let down by whoever signed the jokers we did in the second season)

However its not been a free ride for the supporters-we have had to dig really deep to back the team 

This will always be my gripe with DC. It’s a mistake he refuses to rectify 

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

The fans have been on about signing Rhodes for years, I don’t think CC wanted him. 

When we signed Rhodes, the chairman got the thumbs up from a lot of fans 

Hindsight is a wonderful

was exactly the same when he first got here with McGugan and look how that turned out

4 hours ago, cain said:

Rhodes is better than what we had except maybe for Hooper. CC didn't play his game and knocked his confidence 

I agree and was quite excited at the prospect of having Rhodes but surely they knew we would be close to FFP so why not move some of the other forwards on and generate money for strengthening one of the weakest defences in the league?

7 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Rhodes is better than what we had except maybe for Hooper. CC didn't play his game and knocked his confidence 

I agree and was quite excited at the prospect of having Rhodes but surely they knew we would be close to FFP so why not move some of the other forwards on and generate money for strengthening one of the weakest defences in the league?